"Athletics in high school" - an extracurricular activity

khris99 2 / 2  
Athletics played an integral role in my high school career. As a freshman I immediately encouraged myself to become an avid member in sports. The benefits were great and it was an easy choice to continue sports throughout my four years in high school. As I entered the spring season of my freshman year, I decided on running track because I wanted to try something new. Immediately, I was moved onto the varsity team and ran the mile and two mile. Through the rigorous three months that the track season lasted I was taught to become dedicated and also gained the ability of time management. The one year of track and the three years of tennis ensured that I would reach a full level of maturity; these experiences helped develop an ability to respect others and will fundamentally influence me for the rest of my life.
Welcome to EssayForum! :-) Thanks for joining our giant writers' group. :-)

Athletics played an integral role in my high school career. ----- This sentence is not unique or extraordinary in any way... just informative. I think you should revise it so that it is intriguing.. so that it expresses an idea that fascinates the reader.

As a freshman I immediately encouraged myself to become an avid member in sports. The benefits were great and it was an easy choice to continue sports throughout my four years in high school. Not helpful

Distance running is powerful meditation. I think you should talk about how this discipline and mental clarity will make you an excellent professional in your chosen field. Let us know about your plans for the future. :-)

Home / Undergraduate / "Athletics in high school" - an extracurricular activity