How AUBG education will broaden your global perspective and cultivate your capacity

max_uz 1 / 1  
Write an essay in one or two pages, which will help the AUBG Admissions Committee become acquainted with you, understand your motivation to attend AUBG, and determine how well you can express yourself. The essay should be on the following topic: How an AUBG education will broaden your global perspective and cultivate your capacity for social responsibility. The essay will be evaluated on the basis of clarity, creativity, completeness of response, sentence structure, paragraphing, spelling, grammar, and style.

The assignment is :
Today each sphere of human's life is somehow connected to the use of computer and informational technologies: these technologies are widely used in all spheres of business, entered our social life and determine the ways we work and communicate. Few people now can imagine their lives without all the improvement and facilities brought by these means. Each person lives or at least has to live in the world of high technologies that is also very interconnected and globalized.

Along with the opportunity of good professional perspective, these all set for every good specialist in the field of computer science and informational technologies the aim of high preparation in this area and integration into the globalized world of computer science and informational technology communications.

It is a challenging environment to which I intend to contribute by learning key factors of computer science and implementing modern informational technologies system. Thus, my goal is a career in Computer Science and Informational Technologies and academic, as well as practical researches wherein I could advance analytical approaches to current trends in these areas all over the globe.

To achieve my career goals, I need to learn much more about current techniques and trends in programming languages, software development, data structures, software engineering, operating systems, computer networks and other relevant fields.

My research interests are successful implementing of informational security services in the conditions of fast-growing informational integrity and possible risks of external threats.
Familiarity with computer applications and good experience gained while participating on various school projects and working as a hardware specialist have helped to develop practical skills and have given me the confidence to tackle advanced problems. These have prepared me to handle complex problems and have given me the confidence to pursue undergraduate studies.

In addition, the experience gained while active participation in academic as well as extra curricular activities and work experience, fluency in English and Russian, participation in seminars, conducted by American lectors and visit to Poland has given me an understanding of diverse cultural aspects and parallel differences that exist between the Western and Eastern societies. Hence, through these, good interpersonal, communication and leadership skills has become among my strongest characteristics.

I have selected the undergraduate program of AUBG in Computer science and Information Systems because of its outstanding faculty and research facilities, wide set of courses and emphasis on a collaborative learning.

An undergraduate study in Computer Science and Informational Technologies will provide me with theoretical understanding, an in-depth idea of practical approaches in various fields of computer science and research skills will enable me to develop an expertise in the core areas of computer science. I would like to probe specific areas such as protecting information assets, determining the levels of protection and response to security incidents, and designing a consistent, reasonable information security system.

Possibility of being challenged every day by interaction with students of diverse cultural backgrounds, political perspectives, religious convictions, and values will help me when I graduate to be fully prepared to participate in a highly globalized world.

Through its good managed academic program and close cooperation with the computing industry, as well as with other universities and alumni, I will have immense opportunity to be well prepared for further graduate study and a chance of joining huge and well-known multinational companies of this sphere.

There are a number of computers based ethical dilemma that are frequently discussed. One set of issues deals with some of the new ethical dilemma that have emerged with the rise of the Internet and Social Networking: storage of personal information for social networking arises the problem of selling that information for monetary gain, situations regarding the copyright infringement of software , music, movies, are widely becoming discussed, with the rise of file sharing, the use of Internet as a tool for abuse.

As the Computer Science curriculum is designed to enable students to show mastery of computer science knowledge and skills, through also an ability of being aware of key ethical issues affecting computer science and the responsibilities of computer science professionals, I'll be able to learn about the effects of computers on society and keep the right side of it.

Given the current wide use of computer science and informational technologies, which provides good opportunities for computer science professionals, my school and work experience background which has assisted in identifying the academic research interests that I would like to pursue, I'm sure that undergraduate program of AUBG in Computer science and Information Science will help me to apply my personal and professional abilities to the immense opportunities available at American University in Bulgaria (AUBG) and give me a leading edge in achieving my goals and working effectively in diverse teams and situations.

Meanwhile, the program will also make me aware of my social responsibility as of computer science professional.

I look forward to applying these abilities to the immense opportunities available at American University in Bulgaria (AUBG).
Thus, my goal is a career in Computer Science and Informational Technologies and academic, as well as practical researches wherein I could advance analytical approaches to current trends in these areas all over the globe.---This is a very complicated sentence, but all it really says is that you want to get involved with IT. That is all it says! for all those big words, the message is simple. That means the sentence is inefficient.

I think the above sentence is like a THESIS STATEMENT, because it expresses your main idea. Revise it to let it reflect the special outlook you have, the ideas that interest you. That is what the reader wants to know.. she wants to know what you are all about. In this essay, and especially in the thesis statement, try to express your unique outlook on the field of comp sci and IT... your unique aspirations.

My research interests are successful implementing of informational security services in the conditions of fast-growing informational integrity and possible risks of external threats.---This is very important and interesting. I bet you already are very knowledgeable in this area.

An undergraduate study in Computer Science and Informational Technologies will provide me with theoretical understanding, an in-depth idea of practical approaches in various fields of computer science and research skills will enable me to develop an expertise in the core areas of computer science. here is another inefficient sentence... another sentence that uses a lot of words to say something simple. Sentences like this are not good.

... my social responsibility as of computer science professional.----if you introduce the idea of social responsibility, you should give it a whole paragraph. But only talk about it in a way that fits with the main idea you are trying to give the reader.

To be honest, I think the essay is already brilliant (though unnecessarily complex), because it definitely gives me the impression that you are an analytical thinker with great enthusiasm and potential!
OP max_uz 1 / 1  
Thank you Kevin unfortunately I have already sent my essay in first version I am not sure Admission will accept or not what do you think?
To be honest, I think the essay is already brilliant

Don't worry; my job here is to scrutinize! Please check out essayforum.com/ef-contributor-page/

:-)

Home / Undergraduate / How AUBG education will broaden your global perspective and cultivate your capacity