basketball court / crunching numbers to advising

sukjeffrey 4 / 18  
Tell us about an activity that is important to you, and why.
In elementary school, I spent every recess on the basketball court. While I did not have enough strength to actually throw the ball up to the basket, all my bigger friends did. At a young age, I learned that there would always be people better than me. Then, in high school, I joined the varsity basketball team and dedicated myself to practicing inside and outside of school. The more I practiced, the better I became as a player. I realized that through hard work and dedication, I could become better than anyone. Now, as the captain of the varsity basketball team, I have taken the responsibility of keeping my team united and bringing the best out of them, and in the process, have learned to become a responsible leader. Since first grade, my experiences with basketball have shaped me into who I am today.

Describe your academic interests and how you plan to pursue them at USC.
Before my mother allowed me to stay home alone, I would always follow her to work on holidays or vacations. She was an accountant, and everything she did, from crunching numbers to advising, seemed strangely natural to me. Since then, I have become attached to that profession. When I discovered that USC had one of the nation's best business programs, I could not help but feel a sense of belonging here. By attending USC, I aspire to become a successful CPA and do what always felt natural to me.

Do I answer the prompts?
EF_Constance - / 143  
I believe that you answered the prompts. Well done! Good luck!
OP sukjeffrey 4 / 18  
I feel like my first short answer (the one about basketball) is very disorganized. What do you think?
EF_Constance - / 143  
I don't see the disorganization. I see your dream (playing basketball), your problem (you wanted to be better), your action / solution (you practiced a lot), and the result (you are a great player and captain who now has an even better work ethic and character because you worked so hard).

I thought it was great to be a short answer.
Nope I don't see it either! I wouldn't change a thing! For the second one, give a few examples of how you plan to pursue your interests there. Any favorite professors? Any cool resources or clubs?
OP sukjeffrey 4 / 18  
I've submitted it. Thank you to those who have helped me for my USC application. :)

Home / Undergraduate / basketball court / crunching numbers to advising