'beautiful spring day at Washington Square' - Why NYU? Supplement

clipsnation 1 / -  
I remember my first trip to New York City as a wee middle school student and the daunting feeling I had while looking up at the skyscrapers in the heart of the city. They all had a major impression on me, but it was a smaller, less imposing monument that had the greatest impact of all. Looking up at the Washington Square Arch, I realized that this monument represented life's endless possibilities and the hopes and dreams of the many college students attending this school, something I hoped I would one day have too. The grand image of the monument has stayed everpresent in my mind throughout my high school career and now that I am actually applying to NYU, it seems clearer than ever before.

As a student at NYU and a resident of New York City, possibilities for me to grow both as a student and as a person will be present at every corner. Being a part of the dual degree program will give me even more opportunities to develop my studies because of the abundance of resources present between NYU's main campus and NYU-Poly's. I feel like this program is a challenge that will provide me with the experience to help fully realize my potential as an aspiring engineer not only because of the engineering courses I will take, but also because of the first three years at NYU's campus receiving my BS in mathematics. Excited is an understatement; being a part of this program would be a giant step on my journey I set forth that beautiful spring day at Washington Square.

Any feedback is appreciated, thanks!
I remember my first trip to New York City as a wee middle school student, and the daunting feeling I had while looking up at the skyscrapers in the heart of the city.---Are ye an Irish lad? :)

They all made a major impression on me, but it was a smaller, less imposing monument that had the greatest impact of all.

The grand image of the monument has stayed ever present in my mind throughout my high school career, and now that I am actually applying to NYU, it seems clearer than ever before.

Being a part of the dual degree program will give me even more opportunities...

I feel like this program is a challenge,and one which will provide me with the experience to help fully realize my potential as an aspiring engineer, not only because of the engineering courses I will take, but also because of the first three years at NYU's campus receiving my BS in mathematics.

Excited is an understatement; being a part of this program would be a giant step on my journey I set forth on, that beautiful spring day at Washington Square.

Good luck with school and have fun!

:)
nikkistevenson 1 / 2  
I remember my first trip to New York City as a wee middle school student, and the daunting feeling I had while looking up at the skyscrapers in the heart of the city. They all had a major impression on me, but it was a smaller, less imposing monument that had the greatest impact of all. Looking up at the Washington Square Arch, I realized that this monument represented life's endless possibilities and the hopes and dreams of the many college students attending this school, something I hoped I would one day have too. The grand image of the monument has stayed everpresent in my mind throughout my high school career and now that I am actually applying to NYU, it seems clearer than ever before.

Its a wonderful writting. You explained yourself very well and also captivated the audience. Not much needs to be changed in my opinion. (:

Home / Undergraduate / 'beautiful spring day at Washington Square' - Why NYU? Supplement