To become a youth leader at my church - meaningful accomplishment in my life. UF Admission Essay

Sturz15 2 / 1  
Describe a meaningful event, experience or accomplishment in your life and how it will affect your college experience or your contribution to the UF campus community. You may want to reflect on your family, your school or community activities, or your involvement in areas outside of school.

One meaningful accomplishment in my life was when I became a youth leader at my church. In order to become a youth leader, I had to attend a workshop that gave me the knowledge and skills to assist young people in helping them develop healthy relationships with Jesus, their friends and family. Through this I gained personable and leadership skills that allowed me to mentor the younger people of my parish. I play an important role in organizing community activities with the youth group and stay active with various social events and outings as well as volunteer work. In turn, I have become fully accustomed to giving back my time, effort, and skill to the community at my church.

I am certain that the skills and experiences that I have gained through being a youth group leader at my church will easily translate into the University of Florida's campus community. I yearn to be apart of the most prestigious group of all: the Gator Nation. Therefore, I will be as involved as possible at the university and try to make it the best four years of mine and the college's time. Furthermore the time, talent, and resources that I donate so heavily to the youth ministry will carry over to the University of Florida community. The connections I have made with others allowed me to relate to a variety of people, and as a result I was able to form relationships with other youth leaders and teachers. The time and dedication I put into the youth ministry does not affect my performance in school. I have learned how to effectively manage my time between school and extracurricular activities. This is important to my college experience if I intend on being successful. I am cognizant of the fact that it is imperative to learn how to balance your school work and extracurricular activities, and I have been successful at this feat all my life. I have always been involved in my school and community and have still proven to be a scholar inside the classroom. I have never jeopardized one over the other and I do not plan to when I am a Gator. I will continue to find a healthy balance in college and give back to the campus and maintain commendable grades at the same time.

I look forward to hopefully becoming a Gator in the very near future. I want to pursue my ultimate goal of obtaining a college education at the University of Florida and being adopted into a truly elite group, otherwise known as the Gator Nation as aforementioned. I have the personable and leadership qualities that it takes to be successful in the college setting. I believe I would be an invaluable asset to the Gator community, and I hope I am granted this opportunity of a lifetime.
EF_Team5 - / 1,586  
Good afternoon.

Just one correction:

"In order to become a youth leader, I had to attend a workshop that gave me the knowledge and skills to assist young people in helping them develop healthy relationships with Jesus, their friends, and family."

This is a very good response to the prompt.

Good luck!

Regards,
Gloria
Moderator, EssayForum.com

Home / Undergraduate / To become a youth leader at my church - meaningful accomplishment in my life. UF Admission Essay