Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

"Not the brightest or MVP, but" - Vires, Artes, Mores. Florida state university essay

badgirl 1 / -  
Hello. im writting an essay for florida state university. i really don't think im on the right track and i hit a bump with the ending of my essay i can't think of how to summerize it up. so im seeking guidance and i hope you can help me. im open to anything at this point.. please and thankyou.

The Latin Words, "Vires, Artes, Mores" have been the guiding Philosophy behind Florida State University. Vires signifies strength of all kinds- Moral, physical and intellectual. Artes alludes to the beauty of intellectual pursuits as exemplified in skill, crafts, or arts; Mores refers to character, custom and tradition. Describe how one or more of these values embodied in these concepts are reflected in your life.

Mores, Vires and Artes have their own inner values that centers human life. Mores alludes to custom, character and tradition. Artes is the beauty of intellectual pursuits such as art, skill and crafts. Vires symbolizes moral, physical and intellectual strength. Until recently I've never realizes how each concept contributed a major part of my life.

"Mores" is apparent in every individual. Every person has their own distinct personality that makes them stands out from the rest. There are some people that dominate in sports and others that excel in books. Then there are individuals such as myself that fall short on both aspects. I'm not the brightest student academically or most improved or MVP in any sport, but being brought up in a one parent household where things were very limited caused me to be determined to better myself in life. Entering high school, I registered for the JROTC program. I entered determined and ready to make a name for myself as I watched others do yet I was very self-conscious and didn't want to stand out. I was soon constructed into a domineering, strict Second Lieutenant and Executive officer. As in officer I've learned Self- Discipline in a way to improve myself to further help those around me. I also learned leadership skills that require a lot of dedication, responsibility and motivation towards my cadets. The demands my position held were great and nerve wrecking being accountable for others actions, but I still enjoyed being apart of the program.

My prospective of "Artes" is embraced in many different forms such as Painting, Sculpting, and general appreciation of music. I embraced artes through freestyle braiding and writing poetry. I think of creative new trendy designs that on paper and transform it on scalp. I also write poetry to express myself and surroundings. Through artes I relieve stress and express myself in ways that I can't do verbally.

Personally "Vires" is the most important concept of Florida State Philosophy. "Strength" alone in general is what gives individuals like me the will power to move forward. In my world its survival of the fittest everybody is for themselves. My strength not only comes from the almighty, but the constant negativity that circles me. Having no one to support, motivated or encourage me in life but talks down on me in try to discourage me can cause one to give up and lose hope. Yet that alone strengthen me. It encourages me and motivates me to rise above all of the negativity. My morals set the foundation of the person I am today and what I am striving for. Having set goals and commitments that I am determined to keep have kept me grounded. My physical strength comes from being on the ROTC raider's team. Being a raider you have to be mentally and physically fit from pushups sit ups, pull ups and run for miles at a time. Being on the team help me maintain my body and feed it the proper nutrients to live a better lifestyle both physically and mentally. Intellectually speaking I love to learn new things especially if it presents a challenge. Reading books is the next best thing to breathing. My intellectual strength gets stronger everyday that I learn something new, but this strength not only comes from school studies, but also from my upbringing where I am constantly learning life lessons.

Home / Undergraduate / "Not the brightest or MVP, but" - Vires, Artes, Mores. Florida state university essay