Why CARLETON? My fantasy of Carleton!

heyheyhey 1 / 2  
Why are you interested in Carleton College?(No more than 250 words)
Any comments and ideas are welcome! Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!

Located in the quintessential midwest town of Northfield, Carleton is as laid-back as a dear old friend but always filled with stimulating, boundless and fresh possibilities. Here I can balance my life in playing the cool-nerd role spending all day reading Walt Whitman in the warm Gould Library, discussing the dilemma of determinism in the study lounge, enjoying the late night breakfast and suddenly start a crazy Silent Dance Party; or I can be an elegant Pipa player in the Chinese musical ensemble with Ms Gao Hong, humming like lovers' whispers or rattling like splatters of sudden rain.

Professor Scott Carpenter says, academic life at Carleton is like one of those jungle scenes in old movies -- filled with novelty and adventure (not to mention the occasional scary plant). Indeed, I always feel overwhelmed but invigorated at the abundance, interdesciplinarity and vitality of the Carleton Environmental Studies Program -- having the opportunity of exploring surface metrics to analyze the road traffic noise at the Twin City metro region with Professor Tsegaye Nega, adventuring in the tropical rainforest in Costa Rita at winter term, residing in the sustainable living house, and most amazingly of all being a proud student naturalist on the Arb. Just imagine!

This is only a small piece of my fantasy of Carleton, but I cannot help smiling. I know deep inside my heart that Carleton is a place where I can roam freely in the sea of liberal art, where I can toss around a Frisbee as well as a brilliant idea, where I can learn how to survive a Minnesoda winter and where I belong to.
OP heyheyhey 1 / 2  
any help would be super appreciated!! Thanks~
LiangWu 4 / 11  
i'm also applying to Carleton from China this year.~ i've only done the proofreading part, as to the structures, I think your list too much things without a clear sequence, it reads like a brochure.

could you please see my USC supplement? need your help!!
OP heyheyhey 1 / 2  
I have help you revised:)
Well.... I think you miss out one important aspect when answering why you are interested in this college. That is you need to tell them how it is going to help you achieve your goals. So, discuss about its features that you would see as helpful in your pursuit of short and long term goals. You may have to do a bit of research about the school for this purpose.
LiangWu 4 / 11  
yeah~ thank you Wenyi~ I'm submitting it today!! wish you good luck~

Home / Undergraduate / Why CARLETON? My fantasy of Carleton!