In no more than 900 characters describe your goals, why Waterloo and your interest in programs there

ZoldyckUSA 3 / 5 2  
It'd be amazing if anyone here would help me out with this! Any feedback is highly appreciated!

Waterloo Short Essay

Prompt:

Please tell us about your educational goals, your interest in your chosen program(s), and your reasons for applying to the University of Waterloo.
If you have applied to more than one program please discuss your interest in each program. (900 character limit)

My perennial fascination towards theoretical physics and aptitude for applied mathematics steered me to venture into the diverse field of
mechanics. I want to bring the gadgets and ideas bouncing in my head to life and debut them on an international stage, casting world-changing
innovations and inventions as lead actors, and I believe Waterloo is the perfect Director.

Waterloo's well-oiled Co-Op program will not only provide me a plethora of priceless work experience, but also help me establish
vital networks with involved individuals and industries. Moreover, I want to firsthand experience Nobel Laureate Dr. Strickland's lectures,
furthering my intellectual curiosity and never ending desire to learn. Justin Trudeau described Waterloo's indispensable ingredient,
diversity, as the engine of invention. With me I bring the cultures and ideas of a subcontinent, my irreplaceable assets.
Iris_viva 2 / 8 2  
Hi, I think you might need to add more concrete information to explain why Waterloo and why this program despite the limited space. Your motivation seems weak to me because I guess you could simply change the names of this university and your interested professor but submit the material to another institution. You could show your research for this program in the essay by mentioning the curriculum or anything that is unique to me from this university and program.
Pradipta, your first paragraph is not useful to your application. You should start the essay from the second paragraph, building on your interest based on an academic goal that will help you achieve professional success. The reference to Justin Trudeau does not help the essay because you are not using your own interpretation of the student community of the university. The essay prompts are always underserviced when the student resorts to using other people's ideas for their response. It tells the reviewer that you know very little about the university, which is the point of the prompt topic, and that you are not really interested in attending Waterloo, you just want to attend A university, not Waterloo University.

Work on the Co-Op program for your response. Build the reference to Dr. Strickland's influence on your professional ideas or academic expectations in relation to Waterloo. Build your response in a manner that shows the reviewer that Waterloo is your First Choice university, not your general choice university.

Home / Undergraduate / In no more than 900 characters describe your goals, why Waterloo and your interest in programs there