Charlie Kaufman, New Yorker or not? NYU supplement

diodotusX 3 / 19  
This is reference to the NYU supplement:

If you had the opportunity to spend one day in New York City with a famous New Yorker, who would it be and what would you do? (Your New Yorker can be anyone -past or present, fictional or nonfictional - who is commonly associated with New York City; they do not necessarily have to have been born and raised in New York.)

I want to use Charlie Kaufman, but I'm not sure if he's commonly associated. I know most of his movies take place in New York (Synehchdoce, Newyork; Adaptation (sorta); Being John Malkovich; Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind) and that he was born in New York, but he did not grow up in New York despite graduating from NYU's film program. I'm afradi that he might be more associated with Los Angeles than New York

Thoughts???
loveyelledno 5 / 16  
I don't see why not. He was born in the city, has had films that were depicted in the city, and moreover, he went to NYU. I would say go for it and use him, he seems like an excellent New Yorker. I mean, that is where he was born.
Peimon 2 / 11  
I think it's fine to go with him, especially since a lot of his movies take place in New York, therefore connecting him to the city. :)

If you have time, please review my NYU essays. Thanks!

Home / Undergraduate / Charlie Kaufman, New Yorker or not? NYU supplement