Chicago Supplement- Is the universe really what we perceive it to be?

Linnus 6 / 89  
This is a really long essay. I probably violated all the laws of physics in my essay. Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you for your time!

Prompt:Argonne National Laboratory and Fermilab (both national laboratories managed by the University of Chicago) have particle accelerators that smash bits of atoms together at very high energies, allowing particles to emerge that are otherwise not part of the everyday world. These odd beasts - bosons, pi mesons, strange quarks - populated the universe seconds after the Big Bang, and allow their observers to glimpse the fabric of the universe. Put two or three ideas or items in a particle accelerator thought experiment. Smash 'em up. What emerges? Let us glimpse the secrets of the universe newly revealed.

ESSAY
Grab an object nearby. Look at it. Feel it. Pretty solid and real isn't it? Think again! The collision of a charm quark, a Higgs boson, and a graviton in Zevatron, a sophisticated particle accelerator that is composed of three linear particle accelerators in the shape of a "Y", suggests that the universe is a virtual image composed of a two-dimensional spinning membrane intertwined with a four dimension space. The collision resulted in a distorted micro-black hole which evaporated instantly while illuminating a powerful and blinding burst of light. The event spontaneously emitted two unpredicted particles: the F and the M particles, which are the groundbreaking finds that led to the disheartening proposal. Within a picosecond, a fifth fundamental force of nature (Zeta force) blended the two particles into a naked singularity. The unstable singularity exploded and emitted every single elementary particle predicted by the laws of physics: quarks, leptons, and bosons. What were the two mysterious and magical particles?

The F particle is also known as the flat particle because of its massless and volumeless characteristic. It spins at rate of one revolution per Planck's time. The speed at which it spins would have conceal the fact that it is a two dimensional particle, but the exodus of Hawking radiation that resulted from the evaporated black hole slowed down its spin and revealed its secrets. Due to the fact the F particle is flat, the spin is fixed at 1/6 when alone, but once it integrates with the M particle, the spin becomes chaotic and unpredictable. The F particle has a defined area, but not shape. It is able to shift its shape with the help of the M particle. The F particle works in close proximity with the M particle via the zeta force to provide the foundations of the universe.

The M particles primarily exist in a four dimensional space. While they appear in our universe when a rip in the space-time fabric connects us to the higher dimension, they can only be detected at high energies. A modified solution to Einstein field equation resonates with the explanation. The particle acquired its name from the infamous M-theory, a candidate for the theory of everything. Ironically, evidences obtained from the M particle refute some components of the M-theory. For instance, the M particle has shown that different elementary particles are not the result of the different vibrations of strings or multi-dimensional membranes, but instead the result of M particle's interactions with the F particle and the curvature of Zeta force created by their interactions. Unlike the fixed spin of the other particles in physics, the spin of the M particle is directly proportional to the number of the quantum wormholes one Planck's length from the most outer surface. No, the particle does not exhibit quantum mechanical properties such as a probability region where the particle can be found. In fact, the interconnected fourth dimension offers an alternative explanation of why there is even a probability region in which a particle is most likely to be found. Because a part of the universe is made out of a delicate spinning membrane, there will often be rips in this space-time fabric. Once a portal to the other dimension is made, particles can leave or enter the other dimension via the portal at near light speed. This event allows a particle to look like it is in many places at once which also makes it impossible to predict its exact position and velocity instantaneously.

But how do these two particles suggest that the universe is a virtual image composed of a two-dimensional spinning membrane intertwined with a four dimension space? By forming a naked singularity, these two particles have reenacted a historical cosmological event: the big bang. The path, velocity, and the relative amount of particles that were emitted from the mini-explosion were compared with the predicted values of the real big bang and it led to one conclusion: the initial conditions that triggered the real big bang is analogous to the initials conditions of the reenactment. Supported with mathematical equations and models, this find suggest one intriguing idea: we are but a persistence of memory.
OP Linnus 6 / 89  
Can anyone tell me if they can follow my essay or if the idea I presented is interesting or not? Thank you.
apm 1 / 2  
Wow, its definitely interesting. Even though I don't take Physics it substained my interest!
Grab an object nearby. Look at it. Feel it. Pretty solid and real, isn't it?

I cannot find any grammatical errors other than the comma you left out, above! And I certainly am impressed with the content.

Now, the only thing I am worried about is whether or not you interpreted the prompt correctly. Can you revise this to highlight two or three different ideas that you are putting together? I think there are enough ideas involved in this that you can do a simple revision to present it in such a way as to show acknowledgment of the prompt...
OP Linnus 6 / 89  
Thanks for the complement! I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean by "highlight two or three different ideas that you are putting together". Or perhaps, I am not understanding the prompt of this essay.

It says "Let us glimpse the secrets of the universe newly revealed" so I presented a couple made-up fundamental particles, discuss its significant and interpretation of the universe. I added lines such as

This is what basically the standard model, quantum mechanics, classical physic, and string theory do- reveals the secret of the universe.

My references to the M-theory (a prominent version of the string theory), the uncertainty principle, which is a component of quantum physics (when I said "impossible to predict its exact position and velocity instantaneously"), quantum mechanics, and description of the particles in my essay I tried to "let [you] glimpse the secrets of the universe newly revealed" by comparing it with the current ideas.

Thank you so much!
shayonsaleh 6 / 6  
I think what this essay wanted was not for you to explain the universe but to combine 2-3 ideas/items and imagine what this would result in. So, you could combine something real, like the particles you describe, or something not physical, like traits or ideals.

I agree with EF_Kevin's comment. It's a good essay, it just might not be what the prompt asks.
OP Linnus 6 / 89  
Oh! I see. In interpreted this: "Put two or three ideas or items in a particle accelerator thought experiment. Smash 'em up. What emerges? Let us glimpse the secrets of the universe newly revealed" to mean focus on "the secrets of the universe" instead of "what you put in the particle accelerator". Thanks for the suggestions!

Home / Undergraduate / Chicago Supplement- Is the universe really what we perceive it to be?