"why you are considering transferring and how MIT aligns with your goals"

Timztech 1 / 1  
Albert Einstein once said, "Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school." To me, the essentials are the three C's of learning: curiosity, creativity, and critical thinking. These are skills that every student should hone in their journey through life, but here in my school, things are the other way around. I feel boxed in by the reality of just getting to pass exams and get good grades. All we do is read theories and concepts with minimal experiments to prove if these things are true. Problem solvers can't be made in this manner. I sincerely believe life doesn't necessarily start after school, so it's never too early to impact one's community.

MIT's core values resonate with my reality, and I believe in the vast opportunities that can be mutually unlocked if I get into this community of like-minded people. Courses like "2.008" (by Prof. John Hart) and "2.77" would lay a good foundation for my career path, as I intend to create a remarkable non-profit academy for engineers that would address the lapses in the industrial sector of my country. The limited resources, outdated curriculum, insufficient practical training opportunities, and many more have been hindrances to the advancement of my country.
I hope that you are just asking me to review a draft of your actual response to the question. That you are actually planning on expanding upon these discussion paragraphs and perhaps, adding more paragraphs to the mix that will help the reviewer better understand your overall needs in relation to your desire to transfer to MIT. Do not focus solely and so quickly on the academic shortcomings of your school and strengths of MIT. There needs to be a well rounded discussion in the presentation. Academic, social, and training considerations must be discussed as equal highlight points. There is not much for the reviewer to go on in this presentation. It is too basic and uninteresting. Your discussion points are common and the reasoning, even more so. You need to beef up the overall discussion by expanding on it as best as you can.
OP Timztech 1 / 1  
There is a word limit of 225. I have to go straight to the point in the best way I can. There are like four other essay prompt that I intend to create a bigger picture of my purpose of transferring. What's your best advice on this?

Home / Undergraduate / "why you are considering transferring and how MIT aligns with your goals"