'constantly keep improving myself' - Stanford - what matters to you?

adkh14 2 / 4  
I need to have this revised, and I dont know if it is specific enough and whether it answers the question clearly or not, please help

What matter to you, and why?

What matters to me is the urge to constantly keep improving myself. The improvement could be from reading a book to learn more, or to practicing squash to improve my skills. The drive is what motivates me to go to the library and pick a random book and just read it, and it is what gives me courage to play against any opponent, even if he is better than me. Without motivation, I would not have been able to successfully compete in all the tournaments that I have. And I most certainly would have not taken my father's challenge of reading any book that he picked, and they were not simple books either. It was this push that helped me push through my intense training in the summer, even with an extremely injured hand with which I was supposed to play, and through the extreme heat with a limited supply of cold water. I know that by taking on these challenges, even though they are difficult, I will come out as an improved person in the end. This strive to improve myself helps me push myself through tough situations, and it also inspires me to try new things that I have not done before, no matter what obstacles they may present. This dedication I have to improving myself is important because it enables me to grow as a person and it pushes me through tough situations. Without this urge to constantly improve myself, I cannot set the same goals, nor work towards them with the same intensity that I would if I had the urge. The urge is important to me because it keeps me going and it provides a sense of satisfaction when I know that I have learned or gained something.
saurabh93 11 / 94  
I would recommend using an anecdote since they help vividly illustrate how improving oneself truly matters to you.
Good Luck

Home / Undergraduate / 'constantly keep improving myself' - Stanford - what matters to you?