'creative and destructive humans' - UBC personal statement

DeppX 6 / 15 2  
Prompt : Tell us more about one of the activities you listed above, explaining what your goals were, what you did to pursue them, the results achieved, and what you learned in the process. (Maximum 200 words)

While resting under the shadows of an oak tree, I blinked and straightened up to catch a glimpse of the singing magpies. It was the third day, camping on the hills of Chittagong.

I have been angered by our carelessness toward nature. The project 'species conservation' is what turned my anger into hope. The initiative was to locate the habitat of familiar plant species of local region and process a data based on findings. At day two I began my hunt carrying a bag pack and a notebook in hand.

As cool an adventure as it was, I depressingly realized that all the trees, birds and nature itself wanted only a good listener in return of their unconditional love.

A week as an intern made me think how humans can become intensely creative and destructive at the same time.
Later that week, tree planting festival and awareness symposiums were worthwhile an effort. Children, parents and grandparents gathered to sing in favor of peace and sustainability.

A month later, I founded my school's earth club. I've decided to attend to the murmur of our unsung guardian angel. I take a stance to escalate the ever better in each of us listeners.
The initiative was to locate the habitat of familiar plant species of local region and process a data based on findings.

This project provided the initiative to locate the habitat of familiar plant species of local region and develop a data base on its findings.

At day two I began my hunt carrying a bag pack and a notebook in hand. As cool an adventure as it was, I depressingly realized that all the trees, birds and nature itself wanted only a good listener in return of their unconditional love.

.... this is a very good activity that you can talk about for this task. However, I wish you included more real life experiences than these two lines because they may convince the admission panel more about your involvement.
OP DeppX 6 / 15 2  
That was really helpful. Thanks a lot for your suggestions :)

Home / Undergraduate / 'creative and destructive humans' - UBC personal statement