"a daily routine or tradition of yours" - admission, 500 characters

yourichang 3 / 3  
I am so glad I found this forum..
thank you for internet (:

my essays are still rough drafts even though there are only two weeks left til the deadlines!! I'd appreciate it SO much if you gave me any advices, corrections. Thank you, thank you,thank you!

Please describe a daily routine or tradition of yours that may seem ordinary to others but holds special meaning for you. Why is this practice significant to you?

Instead of soft leather seat of the car, there is only the hard metallic seat of the subway on a ride to school. Even though there were moments I imagined of time travel just to skip the subway ride, it quickly became a daily ritual that eventually wakes me up from sleep. Riding the subway taught me about Korean etiquettes better than a textbook would. I learned not to eat in subway because eating is actually seen as a disgusting practice when viewed by others. I learned not to apply lip makeup in subway because that is unwomanly according to elders. I learned not to speak in English unless I want to be observed as if I was an object at display. Taking the subway also gives me a sense of power and endless imagination. What if I got off one stop earlier than my usual? Would I find the solution to ending all hunger and corruption? Is not the choice of skipping school for a day in my hands? Snapping me back to reality is the familiar announcement kindly reminding me to go to school.

You have been selected to sing in a talent show. What song would you choose? Why?

I am a superwoman. The world and its challenges bring my knees to the floor and my head to my knees. Yet, I fight back and break all that threats my way to triumph. A song that constantly repeats itself on my mp3 not only identifies my values but also encourages me to march toward my goals. I will no longer hesitate to remind the mothers and sisters of the audience that under our everyday appearances, there is a superwoman who keeps soaring. (The song is "Superwoman" by Alicia Keyes.)

- for the last short answer, it is limited to 500 characters. I didn't know what to eliminate to put in the song title and singer. any suggestions?
jenchow1992 6 / 14  
Just my 2cents but maybee to make that last topic You have been selected to sing in a talent show. What song would you choose? Why? -you can begin with your favorite part of the song and elborate why its so meaningful and how it affected you life or inspired you =)

Home / Undergraduate / "a daily routine or tradition of yours" - admission, 500 characters