'Drawn to Math Olympics' - Brown Supplement Essay?

monique45 3 / 10  
The topic is: Why are you drawn to the area(s) of study you indicated? (My area is engineering) Limit is of 300 characters
Participating on various Math Olympics has helped me develop the ability to think analytically and solve problems easily. My increasing passion for numbers enhances my ability to set my goals and never give up until I find an answer. I want to make a difference, I want to become an engineer.

Thanks in advance!
HEast22 3 / 6  
At first glance, I was going to comment on how short it was but then I realized that it said "characters" not "words"! I like it a lot though. I think it is straight and to the point. Maybe think a little bit about why YOU are drawn to it not what helped you think like an engineer, does that make any sense? Also you say "set your goals"- set what goals?
Litttlemissct1 1 / 2  
Like HEast22 said:
Try to focus on why engineering is right for you. Maybe explain why you have a passion for numbers? I don't know. But it was pretty straight forward and good for only 300 characters. Good Job. :)
OP monique45 3 / 10  
Thank you for revising HEast22! I changed it a little is it better this way?

My participation on various Math Olympics contributed to my desire of becoming an engineer. This competition has helped me develop my ability to think analytically and seek for routes that can lead me to the answer. Likewise science amazes me, because it lets us use theories to prove phenomena.

Home / Undergraduate / 'Drawn to Math Olympics' - Brown Supplement Essay?