"Dynamic word" - My application prompt for UBC: Tell us about who you are.

droll555 1 / 1  
(I'm a bit over the word limit at the moment)

Tell us about who you are. How would your family, friends, and/or members of your community describe you? If possible, please include something about yourself that you are most proud of and why. (maximum 250 words)

the word 'dynamic' best suits me

Although I find the notion of a word determining the characteristic of one's personality inherently uncharacteristic of me, I feel the word 'dynamic' best suits me and my ever-growing ambitions. Although some would appreciate being present in a static equilibrium with minimised unpredictability, I always possessed the mentality to sought for more and to never settle.

This was exemplified by my near-obsession with music and audio engineering, which was ignited by my 14th birthday gift; a piano keyboard. Within the span of two years, my eager teenage self uncovered the inner quirks of a keyboard by observing others play and by imitating youtube covers to eventually master over full 10 musical pieces.

But my curiosity for the extent of musical potential didn't stop there. In 9th grade, as part of the curriculum I was introduced to Midi, an interface used to display, alter and capture musical notes being played on a keyboard. For the final quarter, we were given a task to use a Midi software to compose a modern pop song. Although most viewed this as merely an assignment, I continued enhancing my comprehension on musical theory, composition and implementation through software, which led me to ultimately utilize this developing skill in both my 10th grade music portfolio, as well as my personal project.

As recently as this year, I've further expanded on the concept of audio manipulation through softwares, by having the concept of 'Doppler Shift' as my core Extended Essay concept, which allowed me to research into audio spectral analysis using multiple software.
Mohammad, not only did you go over the word count, but you failed to respond to the prompt discussion requirement as well. So the reviewer will read this and most likely stop considering your application to the college because you have shown an inability to respond properly to English instructions. The requirement clearly states that you must give the reviewer an idea of how other people view you as a person, sibling, and / or community member. Therefore, you cannot use the first person pronoun in this essay. Yet you continued to discuss this essay from your personal point of view and you totally disregarded the prompt topic regarding how other people would describe you. Therefore, you cannot submit this response essay. It fails to deliver the required information to the reviewer. I have explained to you what you have to present, the understanding of you as a person based on other people's interaction with you. Write an essay that properly represents the required point of view. Not this personal insight into who you are and what you believe your notable accomplishments are.
OP droll555 1 / 1  
How do you suggest I should go with answering the essay prompt? I am kind of struggling with the idea of presenting myself from the eyes of other individuals.
karakimmie 1 / 1  
I agree with Holt, you missed the point completely. I would suggest going out and asking family members, friends, teachers, coworkers and employers how they perceive you. You may be surprised with the answers. Start with that first.
charleto9 - / 4  
Going and interviewing your family members, friends, teachers, co-workers, and employers will give you everything you need to properly respond to this prompt because right now what you have written completely misses the concept.

Home / Undergraduate / "Dynamic word" - My application prompt for UBC: Tell us about who you are.