"edit our profile" essay explaining why you don't wish to complete this assignment

comet2000 10 / 48  
for this assignment, the professor want us to edit our profile on moodle (it's an online class). It must include a picture of yourself. The profile has your name, email address, interests, brief introduction of yourself. I did all that except posting a picture of myself. I didn't want to post my picture.

So I email him, "For the create a personal profile, I am not comfortable with uploading a picture of myself. Can I skip that part of my profile?". His response for me, "I ask for photos so there is more of a sense of personal communication, students will have a better idea of who they are talking to. However, if you don't feel comfortable with this I ask you to write an essay explaining why you do not wish to complete this assignment and I will look it over and get back to you."

My main reason for not wanting to post my picture was stalking. I don't want to be stalk. I have been stalk before. I meet the guy at my other college before coming to this university. I though he was a nice person and didn't seem creepy. So, we exchange contact information. Little did I know, he email me some weird messages and start saving everything I had on Myspace and Facebook. He took a picture of what he did with it and sent it to me. Now, I took everything off including pictures and kept my myspace friend only lock and with a different name.

I don't know when it's due but I assume that it's due on Aug. 29, 2010.

How do I start this, "write an essay explaining why you do not wish to complete this assignment"? I gave a bit of background information if that is ok. Sorry if it is not.
freezard7734 17 / 209  
I think the best way to go about this essay is by creating your thesis about stalking and its effect on you. You shouldn't necessarily think that you have to directly address the question your teacher gave you. You can talk about your experience like how you told us and elaborate on how it impacted you. Then you can explain why you are afraid of posting pictures of yourself, etc. This way you will actually be answering the teacher's question while telling a story about yourself. This all is just a suggestion though. :)
Online classes are supposed to try to reproduce the community-feeling of a face to face class. So, it is nice to have pictures.

A picture alone is not enough for someone to stalk you. I think you do not have to share email address, phone number, street address, or anything like that. So, maybe it is okay to have the picture.

But it is ALSO okay to choose not to have your picture there, and this professor should be careful not to become guilty of treating you unfairly. I am surprised he requires an essay.

But if it is an essay he wants, just write what you wrote here. I'll correct the errors.

Sometimes personal experiences have such an influence that they make us feel reluctant to participate in certain activities. In my case, I feel pressure to post my photo online for my online class, but I really would rather not. My main reason for not wanting to post my picture was is a fear of being stalked. I don't want to be stalked.

(new paragraph)
I have been stalked before. I met a guy at my other college before coming to this university. I though he was a nice person and didn't seem creepy. So, we exchanged contact information I let him become my friend on Myspace and told him my name. Little did I know, he email me some weird messages and start saving everything I had on Myspace and Facebook. He took a picture of what he did with it and sent it to me. Now, I took everything off including pictures and kept my Myspace account access limited to "friends only."

(now write one last paragraph and turn it in.)

:-)

Good luck!!!!!
kendallrj - / 2  
Profiling Essay on myself - tips on how to write it?

Hi, I'm trying to write a profiling essay and I'm going to be doing a profiling essay on myself.
Do you have an tips on how to write it?

Thanks. xx
amitt - / 80  
I think you write some thing here for every one to read
kendallrj - / 2  
But i don't really know how to start it off, so I'm looking for some tips. :/
ram012593 - / 1  
I have a question about the perspective of a profile essay.

I am writing a profile essay. My professor said that in his normal 14 week courses he would have us perform an actual interview but because it is shortened and we only have one day to write it we shouldn't bother and to just write it about someone we already know. I was wondering if I'm writing it about an immediate family member if I should write it in my perspective or the perspective of a person that doesn't know them at all? I'm writing it about my dad so should I refer the the subject as "my dad", or his actual name? Any response will be greatly appreciated thanks much in advance!
heythere11 3 / 6 2  
I think you can go with 'My Dad'. Unless the professor has specifically asked you to use third person.

Home / Undergraduate / "edit our profile" essay explaining why you don't wish to complete this assignment