'Being an engineer takes big responsibility' City College Essay

myjaymusic95 1 / 1  
Question: Explain why you have chosen to obtain a degree in engineering. Discuss any experiences you may have had and/or people you have known who influenced your decision.

- Just wondering if it answers the question and any grammar errors that can be fixed would be appreciated.

A: Being an engineer takes big responsibility. Engineering is a very difficult major in which I would not underestimate. Engineer is most commonly being taken the most, but one thing to realize is that, there should be a lot of effort to be put in, in order to achieve it. The important thing is to study and focus because in the end that will show you the future throughout your life. This major relates to really college level math and science. In my opinion being an engineer is my main priority to my future. I have been always been destined to become an engineer just like my dad. My dad is an electrical engineer and it inspires me to become one.

In my high school years in Aviation High School, with all the subjects they teach, one subject teaches about aircrafts. This shop classes is basically college level courses but with this, some benefits will be put into my years in college. I have learned a lot of basic airframe and power plant classes. Within airframe classes it teaches a lot of basic electricity, while power plant discusses how does the engine operate and how us mechanics repair them. With a little of knowledge of this subjects it will help make my life easier during my college years. Aside from that I am also doing well in my academic classes, especially my Mathematics and Science. Math is my favorite subject and I have been in honors throughout my high school years along with science. Lastly I have been taking college courses such as college algebra and it will also helped in my college to achieving the credits. My teacher was very strict because he have told us multiple times that "this is a college level course and if you decide to fool around and talk, chances are you will drop out of college", when I have heard this statement I realize that it is a hard topic because of all the equations being shown and how to solve it. I realize that it is hard but if effort is put in and study time, it will pay off in the end and towards my future. I have focused and worked hard to achieve the best in order to fulfill my dreams in becoming an engineer.

Another reason why I have chosen engineering course is that I have attended a summer internship of mechanical engineering. This internship shows of what is it like of taking an engineering course. Within those days I have learned the basic AutoCAD programs and how does it help towards engineering. They also taught some advance physics in which this case was really hard to understand but that is not the reason why I should stop achieving my major. Science and math are the most commonly topics that connects to that course, without any knowledge the chances are is very slim to graduate with that degree. I am willing to study hard in my college years and to gain knowledge because it will help me in the future when I have received my job. Lastly, after visiting 5 days of summer internship I have learned a lot of main topics of what they will discuss in college.

Throughout my high school years and my experiences during the summer I have decided to take this major as my number 1 priority throughout my life. With this essay, it explains the reason of why I chosen this major and the achievements and experiences. Learning engineer in my high school years was like being in college. To conclude this, engineering is my passion and it is what I have dreamed for to become successful in the future, without the help of my family and friends, I would not have gone this far into achieving my goal.
braska1 2 / 2  
Being an engineer takes big responsibility. isnt it kinda too weak to start essay with being words? well maybe its my bias but i think it is...
OP myjaymusic95 1 / 1  
I really do not know how to start an opening sentence. Any suggestion that can improve my opening sentence. I feel the same way that its not really strong and i want to change it up.

Home / Undergraduate / 'Being an engineer takes big responsibility' City College Essay