Engineering: MIT - Which department or program at MIT appeals to you and why?

kesontag 2 / 3  
Although you may not yet know what you want to major in, which department or program at MIT appeals to you and why? (*) (100 words or fewer)

I'm interested in engineering because all types of engineering at MIT somehow relate to improving people's lives. Of course math, physics, and other sciences have always interested me, and that adds to the appeal of engineering, but I want to have the ability to improve people's lives on a large scale. As of now I don't have a specific field of engineering in mind, but I feel that any type of engineering major at MIT would help me to achieve my goals. As long as I can be useful to others, I'd be delighted to do anything.

I just don't like my answer to this, but I can't think of what else to say. Maybe it's the wording. I don't know. Any help would be appreciated!
highflier 1 / 2  
For this kind of Prompt, you need to show that you've done some homework. MIT wants to now what about them intrigues you. Check what MIT offers on their website. Remember, its got to do with whats in MIT that appeals you not what appeals to you alone. btw It is good that your philantropic.

Hope i made some sense.Good luck am applying to MIT aswell
754changsteph 1 / 3  
I think you should show some specifics as to why you like engineering...really think about it. What about engineering is so fascinating? I think since you don't already have a set type of engineering you want to go into in mind, the details would really help.
Dimitris 4 / 8  
they don't say it one the site but I think that it would be better for you to choose a specific program at MIT. like civil or mechanical engineering. it shows that you a determined person who has goals. if you say just engineering they *might* think that you are not such a confident person or passionate person.

Home / Undergraduate / Engineering: MIT - Which department or program at MIT appeals to you and why?