"everyone can be a leader" / Common App - ECA 1000 characters

JASON2166 1 / -  
With the thoughts that "everyone can be a leader", I initiated my "Reasoning Club" in G2, and was asked to organized the Treasure Hunt for the school's Halloween Party. Not surprisingly, I screwed up the whole thing due to superbly inexperienced - I, the leader, did all the jobs from purchasing decoration to code designing. The result was that the codes were so easy to crack that the front stage was unexpectedly flooded with rapturous people intended to get their prizes. So, I decided to make a change. During that summer holiday, I read four books on cryptography and another one called "The Art of Talking", which taught me how to deliver messages and manage group decision effectively.

Subsequently, When the Student Union gave me the old mission again, I accepted and accomplished it in a perfect way - I first gave my team lecture on cryptography, then divided them into two groups for decoration and code-designing, and successfully motivated all of them to take the ownership. The game proved a big success; the codes gave huge satisfaction to the fanatics, and the club has been renowned ever since.

any harsh criticize is appreciated :)
linting2012 10 / 78 18  
It did show you as a strong and independent person. BUT definitely not a team leader, since you never mentioned how other people contribute to the success. Perhaps tell how you used other people's suggestion or idea more?

Home / Undergraduate / "everyone can be a leader" / Common App - ECA 1000 characters