'...since Facebook is blocked in China' - Chicago Short answer #2 Danza Kuduro!

chewbaccablack 6 / 18 3  
I tried to make mine a bit different from a typical answer.
Share with us a few of your favorite books, poems, authors, films, plays, pieces of music, musicians, performers, paintings, artists, blogs, magazines, or newspapers. Feel free to touch on one, some, or all of the categories listed, or add a category of your own.

For me, songs are like mementos; they preserve the special, valuable moments of my life that I will never forget.

Las manos arriba, cintura sola
Da media vuelta, danza kuduro!

"RENO! DANZA KUDURO IS ON GET READY!" my friend shouted out as I walked out of the bathroom.

Oi oi oi, oi oi oi
E para quebrar kuduro, vamos dancar kuduro

"Everyone! The Tecktonik master is coming!" she shouted again.

I did not know this was happening. We were playing basketball during PE class and I had to use the bathroom few minutes ago. I did not know what to do. My classmates were clapping and shouting out my name. They all had cheerful smiles on their faces as they waited for me to come on the gym court.

"Come on Reno! I know you do techtonik!" she said again.
"Reno! Reno! Reno! Reno!" my friends started to shout.

I never danced before. I just liked to watch videos of people doing Tecktonik. However, it was too late to turn back. My friends were excited and happy. I never saw them so happy before during the terrifying PE class. I did not want to let them down. So I sprinted to the center of the gym and started whirling my arms and bouncing my legs like the people I saw on Youtube.

My cheeks turned red and my heart started to pump faster. What will they think of me now? A crazy Korean who twirls his arms and head without knowing what he is doing?

After a minute of reckless head movement, everything in my vision started to twirl around and made me lose balance. My friend ran towards me and gave me her hand.

"Man, I loved it!" she said, "I didn't know you dance!"

All my friends came and gave me a high five. They all had bright smiles on their faces that remain vividly in my memories. Unfortunately, I cannot contact them since Facebook is blocked in China. However, when I want to meet them again, I turn Danza Kuduro on my laptop and recall them from my memories.
katev 18 / 120 24  
This is different and you're on a good track, but it's way too vague.
You shouldn't assume that your reader knows your background. This story is just an excerpt from the whole story.
The first sentence is good, use it as a way to transition. Also, maybe don't use ALL CAPS, it's a little aggressive, the exclamation point will suffice
Kitsumi 4 / 97 16  
Your title is slightly misleading, since it makes me assume it's something about the Great Firewall of China, and that you're Chinese.

It's a little awkward here. "I did not know this was happening. We were playing basketball during PE class and I had to use the bathroom few minutes ago. I did not know what to do."

Try not to use "I did not know" twice. Also, you know this was happening. You just didn't know HOW (or I'm assuming you didn't).

Here, you're contradicting yourself. Your friend was the one that prompted you to dance in the first place, unless you're talking about a different friend?

Home / Undergraduate / '...since Facebook is blocked in China' - Chicago Short answer #2 Danza Kuduro!