"my family belongs to a catholic religion"

itsjustme 1 / 3  
My parents enrolled me in a Baptist school when I was elementary but my family belongs to a catholic religion. I started to accept Jesus as my Savior when I was in third grade but I never really understand Christian life would be. I thought if you accept Jesus as your Savior, you will be saved and that's it. As I grow older I began to get confused of what I believe in because Baptist and Catholic have differences in what they believe in and in how they worship God. I lost my way in how, what and where to believe. They both believe in one God but have differences in how they worship and believe in such things I can't understand. This situation leave me a question as I grow older which is "Why there are many religions believing in one God but have differences in worshipping Him? Where should I believe?"

I was transferred into a new school as I enter high school. It was a Christian school and at first I'm having a hard time to adjust to a new surrounding, new classmates and schoolmates and also new teachers. I soon learned to make friends and also discovered something new about Christian life. I'm still confused of what I believe in as a freshman. As a sophomore and junior, I realized that it doesn't matter what religion you have, what matters is that how Jesus save you as a sinner and how will you bring back all the glory to Him. Our principal, Ms Santos and my adviser in junior Mr. Bautista inspired me to be strong in every challenge I face and helped me to understand the question I had before. I now know the answer of this question "Why there are many religions believing in one God but have differences in worshipping Him? Where should I believe?" For me, Satan planned all of this. He doesn't want us to be with God and he is planning to separate us from him again. He would do everything to make things apart. Remember that what you believe in God is important; many people would tempt you to believe in such things and that would be the reason to lose your faith onto Him.

>> im not yet done with it..and i dont know what to write next..plzz help me or give me any suggestions what to write next..i really dont know what else will i write..ill be waiting for your replies..plss do..im planning to pass this tomorrow and i haven't finish it<<

..yay! thankz =))
bilal ABUZENAH 15 / 81  
when I was a little child, but my family belongs to a catholic church .
catholic is not a religion, it is a denomination. Christianity is a religions.
I was in third grade, but I never...
Where should I believe?"????

If I were you, I would write about how to get closer to GOD and how to have a good faith.

do not forget to separate it to paragraphs!!
OP itsjustme 1 / 3  
..thank you for your reply..

..i would write then about how i continued my christian life with Him that helps me define as a person..

.."are there any significant experiences you have had,or accomplishments you have realized,that have helped to define as a person?"..this is the question..is my essay appropriate to the question?.you see,,I'm new here and I'm too young to enter college school next year that's why I'm having a hard time to make this..
.but my family belongs to a catholic religion. I started to accept Jesus as my Savior when...

I'm not sure if "savior" is supposed to be capitalized in the Catholic tradition, but I'm sure "Catholic" is supposed to be capitalized.

I was in third grade but I never really understood how ______ Christian life would be.

I suggest first person tense:
I thought if I accepted Jesus as my Savior, I would be saved and that's it.

Verb tense consistency:
As I grew older I began to get confused of about what I believed in, because Baptists and Catholics have differences in what they believe in and in how they worship God. What do Baptists have to do with any of this? This is the first mention I heard of Baptists.

As a sophomore and junior, I realized that it doesn't matter what religion you have, what matters is that how Jesus save you as a sinner and how will you bring back all the glory to Him. Good sentence! But it's unclear. Do you mean, then, that it does not matter which denomination you belong to, but that you have to be a Christian, or do you mean what you said about "it doesn't matter what religion you have," because Jesus could be working through lots of spiritual leaders from lots of traditions?

About what to write next: make a comparison between what you found out about spirituality with what you figured out about your chosen field of study. What specific goals do you have for the future, and what fascinates you?
shannon92 15 / 74  
I'm sorry, but this essay sounds really childish beyond the grammatical mistakes and spelling errors. When you start talking about Satan it really gets bad... If this is a college essay, it says nothing about you besides your simplistic views of two different religions and your realization about Satan. I think you'd do best by starting from scratch- sorry.
OP itsjustme 1 / 3  
..yea,,thankz for helping out guyz..

..although,its kinda leyt for shannon92..EF_Kevin..
..i already pass it,,and i edited some of those paragraphs and words..
...i hope they will like it,,..^^ yea,,i did take out the satan thing,,,...lol..
..ill be practicing more of my english..hahahah...

..tnx a lot!!...
jsdginger 2 / 2  
*i never really understood how christian life...
*..As I grew ...
*because baptist and catholic have different believes ...

you shood really proofread your essay and careful with the words in past and everything

Home / Undergraduate / "my family belongs to a catholic religion"