(the field of dietetics) Tell us why you decided to apply to the University of Wisconsin-Madison.

kaihin 1 / -  
Title: Tell us why you decided to apply to the University of Wisconsin-Madison. In addition, share with us the academic, extracurricular, or research opportunities you would take advantage of as a student. If applicable, provide details of any circumstance that could have had an impact on your academic performance and/or extracurricular involvement.

Please help me to correct my content and mistakes if any.

I decided to apply to the University of Wisconsin-Madison once I knew it has been listed as one of higher reputation universities, even in the field of dietetics. As one of the top public universities in the United States, it provides me a great breadth of learning. I can find broader range of education in there than other public or private universities. It indeed is a university that can motivate its student by having strong academic excellence dedicated faculty and staff members, wonderful campus and activities.

In the aspect of academic value, University of Wisconsin-Madison is known as one of the top research universities nationally. Having the world-class researchers as my lecturers, as a student, I believe I will absolutely be inspired and impressed by their work and first-hand experience. The high quality of education will be a very good chance to improve myself and I definitely will try my very best to repay the lecturers with my hard work enthusiastically.

Without the embellishment of extracurricular activities, the campus life will not be completed and wonderful. I wish I can participate in the co-curricular activities in different areas such as Dietetics and Nutrition Club and Badger Ballroom Dance Team. But the music organizations, radio station and international student organization are also so appealing. No matter what, I will willingly to volunteer and devote myself to learn things that can't be taught in classes and by others. At the same time, it is a golden opportunity to build up my leadership skills and work with students from other countries and cultures. I believe that it must be my own experiences that boost my life and memories.

From what I have found, there are some great research opportunities for student like me. For instance, the Hilldale Undergraduate or Faculty Research Fellowships do support the undergraduate research with the cooperation of university faculty or academic staff members who are expert in doing research. It is very rare to find a collaborative research like this. If I don't make the best use of research provided in a university which has ranked as one of the great research universities in the world, it will be totally waste.

There will be more and more benefits I can gain from University of Wisconsin Madison in any aspect. I will also give away all the things I learn in this university to the society and make it proud of me.
Lai, you need to imagine more definite responses to the prompt questions. Specificity is important when you respond to these sort of questions as all of these queries are meant to indicate the kind of familiarity that you have with the university, its course offerings, and the university community. Right now, your responses are alright, but can use improvement.

When you discuss the reasons why you chose to attend the university, don't use such general descriptions. Talk about the academic aspect in such a way that shows how familiar you are with the courses offered in relation to your major. Talk about some diet advancements that have been developed at the university and you have read in publications. Let them know that the reason you chose to study there is because that is the university that you feel best suits your academic needs, based upon what you know of their work.

Socially, don't just say you are willing to work with any of the organizations, clubs, or volunteer programs. Be specific. what your talents? What are your hobbies? Maybe you want to join the varsity squad? Talk about how your skills and talents can be beneficial to not only you, but the school as well.

Now, when you talk about the research facility, be a little creative and talk about some ideas you have for your future thesis development. Then explain why you think the university will be able to help you develop the best research paper that you can muster. The idea, is to let the reviewer know that you actually have a solid plan for using the facility. Not just that you know there is a facility you can use. Maybe you would like to be an intern or a volunteer at the lab or something. Whatever the reason, they will appreciate knowing about it.

Be as complete as you can with your information. This is the kind of essay prompt that will allow you to do that, so don't waste the opportunity to let yourself shine in your application.

Home / Undergraduate / (the field of dietetics) Tell us why you decided to apply to the University of Wisconsin-Madison.