Formal memo to introduce self, mainly on academic and career

edwardamin13 1 / -  
Hi,
I need some help regarding my memo assignment. This memo is far from completion but hopefully i can get a part of it somewhat revised.

Thank you very much for your time and effort

Instructions:
Purpose of This Assignment
- To become familiar with memo genre conventions
- To introduce yourself
- To reflect on your experiences, strengths, interests, and goals
- To practice constructing effective sentences (Ch. 10)
Instructions
Write a 3‐4 page (single‐spaced) introductory memo describing yourself as outlined in the bullet points
below. Use the appropriate tense (present, past, or future) to reflect the information you are providing.
Your memo should have the following headings:
 Background
 Academic Strengths
 Academic and Career Interests
 Career Goals
 Experience Working in Teams
 Experience and Attitude about Communication
 Goals for Engineering 2367
Things to keep in mind as you draft your memo
- Follow appropriate memo conventions as discussed in class. Refer to pages 385‐386 in TC and the
next page of this assignment sheet for additional information.
- Draft the memo entirely before attending to formatting and editing.
- As you plan and write, keep the rhetorical situation in mind-your reason for writing, your audience,
and the values, beliefs, and conventions attendant to this audience. Your actual audience for this
assignment is, of course, me. However, imagine an audience you have not met and construct the
memo with a formal tone.
- Remember, you are writing to introduce yourself, but to also leave an impression (as all writing
does). Be sure to proofread your memo carefully, reading aloud, for word choice, punctuation,
spelling, and grammar. Refer to Chapter 10 in TC and work to implement those writing practices in
your memo.

Memo
To : Instructor
From : Edward Amin
Date : 3 September 2012
Subject : Personal Academic and Career Information

The purpose of this memo is to introduce my academic, career and experience information.

Background
My name is Edward Amin. I came from Jakarta, Indonesia 2 years ago as a freshman at The Ohio State University to earn a college degree. I consider myself as a very adaptable person since my transition from Indonesia to USA went pretty smooth. My first major was Computer Science and Engineering (CSE&E) but it was bad decision because my grades were going down and I'm forced to change it. Now my major is Accounting and Finance, which in my opinion is much more suitable for me.

Academic StrengthSince I was in primary school, I showed a good understanding and performance in almost all of the classes, but I achieved relatively high grades in mathematics and science class. For me, math is fun because sometimes it is like a puzzle game that we are trying to solve. As for science, I often feel delightful to learn new information about nature and how our world works.

Unfortunately, my interest in math and science lead me to a major that's too much for me to handle. When I was choosing a major for college, I always thought that my major should be something in engineering since I was in science track in my senior high school. If it's not, I felt all the science class that I took would be wasted. So I took CSE even though I have no experience in programming. I chose CSE because:

- I often tinker my computer and related device
- I consider myself a fast learner in using computer and technology in general
- Some people often ask me regarding their technological devices (especially my family)
In the end, my grades in the classes related to CS&E suffered. It became clear to me that my academic strength is not in computer science.

Accounting and Finance was my first choice after decided to drop CS&E. The reasons I chose those 2 major was:
- It was highly supported by my father since that was his major at OSU too.
- The success that my father had after graduating with both majors
- It was a safer choice especially after my failure in CS&E
- Both majors still require a good amount of simpler mathematics
- Both majors are highly sought by companies

After 1.5 years progressing toward Accounting and Finance degree, I am glad that I chose those majors because:
- I actually learn and understand what was taught
- I achieved satisfactory grades in business classes
- I actually enjoy the learning process in class and at home
- I feel more optimistic regarding my employment opportunity
dwadhwa - / 1  
Comments:
There are some grammatical errors in this.
For example, ...and I'm forced to change it.... should be: and I was forced to change it
For example, ...interest in math and science lead me to a major ... should be: interest in math and science led me to a major

I can help you restructure the whole memo. You may contact me at bestessayservice

Home / Undergraduate / Formal memo to introduce self, mainly on academic and career