'gather left-over cups and fast food wrappers' - Extracurricular Activity

MDes 1 / 4  
As I gather left-over cups and fast food wrappers from the road ways of my town, it makes me ponder the person's motivation. What was behind his momentary decision to throw trash on a street rather than carrying what they no longer want to a trash can? Is it just easy to disregard the environment or be disrespectful to those that need to clean up after them? The first time I participated in the Great American Clean Up, I was very surprised by what I found abandoned and lying on the streets of my town - from china plates to hair ribbons. On days other than those designated for the official Great American Clean Up, I find I see the trash that seemed invisible to me before I became involved in this activity. I carry a giant yellow trash bag in the back of my car in case of such occasions and stop to pick up what I see until I have a full bag. Perhaps if everyone was made to participate in a clean-up, they would think twice about their momentary decision to drop their trash on the street!
karissa_a16 4 / 94  
you have a good concept here, but i'm not exactly sure what your activity is. I also think the last sentence is kind of irrelevant. Please read my common app one. Thanks!
orbits22 - / 10  
Is it just easy to disregard the environment or be disrespectful to those that need to clean up after them? I would use and instead of or here, just a matter of preference.

carry a giant yellow trash bag in the back of my car in case of such occasions and stop to pick up what I see until I have a full bag.

^ maybe reword? it sounds a bit awkward.

short, sweet and to the point. good job.

If you have time, can you look at mine too?
carochoi 3 / 22  
It's a very interesting topic, and you brought out your personality quite well. Perhaps if you delete some unnecessary information, you could talk more about what beautifying the area means to you, as this short essay is meant to show a side of you that can't be shown in the essay. Overall, good work.

If you have time, it would be great if you looked over my common app essay as well. Thanks!
dmjackson 3 / 6  
Good essay though i feel like you should elaborate on that small section where you talk about what you found in the streets of your town and how you feel when you see trash lying around and how that affects our environment
OP MDes 1 / 4  
Re-edited it all and revised. Now sent. Thanks everyone!

Home / Undergraduate / 'gather left-over cups and fast food wrappers' - Extracurricular Activity