Why are you a good fit? Union and American Questions

teddyerock 3 / 2  
At Union, a liberal arts education includes interdisciplinary study, undergraduate research, opportunities for international study and involvement in Minerva Houses. Why is Union a good fit for you? (250 words)

Union College is a place I could call home for the next four years of my life. Coming from New Jersey, New York is only miles away. Therefore, I am completely comfortable with the surroundings of the college. The atmosphere of campus makes me feel safe, and gives me a sense of belonging. I come from a graduating class of 170. The small size of Union makes it the perfect school to transition into. It has that familiar aspect of only having around 20 students in a class. I not only interested in the layout of campus; Union is an excellent place to study. If I am accepted to Union, I look forward to taking full advantage of undergraduate research. Today, employers want to see that extra effort outside the classroom. I am the type of person that is going to work hard to achieve that recognition. Union also allows my dream of studying ecological research in Australia to come true. With all my efforts in research at Union, any employer would be happy to hire me.

Do you KNOW AU? In 75 to 150 words, tell us why you are interested in American University and why you would be a good fit for our community.

I am interested in being part of the diverse student body of American. Countries and cultures are so distinctive. I would really like to visit lots of places, but meeting people from different places would give me the opportunity to learn more before I go. At the same time, American is not so hugely diverse. What I mean is American is the size school that I desire. I do not want to go to a school so big that I am lost in a sea of names and faces. I yearn to be part of American student in Washington D.C., where I could easily manage the city lifestyle and still accomplish my academic goals. There, I hope to join clubs that are eager to help the community and the environment.

I'm not sure these flow right. Corrections and advise are welcome.
The atmosphere of the campus makes me feel safe, and gives me a sense of belonging.

If I am accepted to Union, I look forward to taking full advantage of undergraduate research opportunities .

-----------------------
I am interested in becoming part of the diverse student body of American.

What I mean is that American is the size school that I desire.

I do not want to go to a school so big that I am lost in a sea of names and faces. I yearn to be part of American student in Washington D.C., where I could easily manage the city lifestyle and still accomplish my academic goals.

:)
Jennyflower81 - / 690 96  
Hi :) I can try to help with your editing:

Union College is a place that I could call home for the next four years of my life. Coming fromResiding in New Jersey , New York is only miles away. Therefore, I am completely comfortable with the surroundings of the college. The atmosphere of the campus makes me feel safe, and gives me a sense of belonging. I come from a graduating class of 170. The small size of Union makes it the perfect school to attend.transition into. It has that familiar aspect of only having around 20 students in a class. I am not only interested inattracted to the layout of campus; Union is an excellent place to study. If I am accepted to Union, I look forward to takingwill take full advantage of the undergraduate research programs . Today, employers want to see that extra effort outside of the classroom. I am the type of person that is going to work hard to achieve that recognition. Union also allows my dream of studying ecological research in Australia to come true. With all my efforts in research at Union, any employer would be happy to hire me.

The last two sentences in this essay could use editing: You should mention your main interest of a major (ecological research) earlier in the essay. Also " happy to hire me." sounds too casual- you could say: "With a ____ degree from Union, I will have the skills and education needed to acquire an exciting career."

Home / Undergraduate / Why are you a good fit? Union and American Questions