Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

Graduate/Aerospace engineer ; Short &Long-term GOALS

fsolano94 16 / 30  
My first and most important short term goal is to graduate from high school and attend a four year university in America. Attending college is a major priority of mine and would enable me to accomplish some of my long-term goals such as becoming an aerospace engineer. To accomplish my immediate and future goals I have dedicated a great amount of my time in high school studying science, mathematics, and participating in engineering programs such as FIRST (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology) Robotics.

Being the first member in my family to graduate from high school has encouraged me to pursue a higher education, but more critical, is my own intent and desire to make myself a better person and eventually make a significant contribution in the world. My long-term goal of becoming an aerospace engineer has been heavily influenced by my participation in FIRST Robotics as well as my enjoyment of math and science. I like to know of my surroundings, and math and science provide a way for me to understand the universe by using simple equations and scientific theories. To me explaining the universe with just a simple equation is fascinating which is why I intend to become an aerospace engineer and apply my knowledge of math and science to problems in the world.

Moreover, my long-term goal of becoming an aerospace engineer is influenced by my desire to reduce the amount of global warming and make the world a safer place to live in. In today's society the exhaust emissions from spacecraft such as jets, planes, and helicopters are greatly responsible for the deterioration in the ozone layer of the earth's atmosphere. As an aerospace engineer, I would be able to find alternative fuels for spacecraft and significantly reduce the amount of harmful gases that penetrate the ozone layer of earth's atmosphere. While finding alternative fuels for spacecraft and thus reducing the amount of global warming may not be in my near future, it is a goal that I would like to accomplish and am determined to make a reality.

My goal of becoming an aerospace engineer and attending college are inevitably related to each other, because I cannot become a professional aerospace engineer without first acquiring a degree and also I wouldn't have all of the necessary skills and knowledge that are required of professional aerospace engineers. Furthermore, my goal of attending college is a vital priority of mine and would enable me to break the cycle of high school drop outs in family. Also I would set a positive example for the youth in my family and community.

To become a successful aerospace engineer and make my dream goal a reality I have taken the most rigorous courses in high school such as AP Calculus, AP Physics, AP Chemistry, AP Biology, and Anatomy and Physiology honors to mention a few. For my immediate goal of graduating and attending college, I am making sure that I have good grades in all of my classes and am also studying some of the material in courses that I will take in college such as programming. I have high aspirations for my future goals and am confident that I will be successful no matter which college I attend.

Home / Undergraduate / Graduate/Aerospace engineer ; Short &Long-term GOALS