Hiking and how it has effected me - Common App Short Answer

ShamefulAunt 1 / 2  
Summer before senior year, I started getting into hiking. Ever since that first time hiking I have had a passion for it. Being able to go out and explore and be with nature is an amazing experience if you know how to appreciate things for what they are. It truly is something that everyone should experience at least once. It has taught me to be my own person and stand up for what I believe. I have now joined the new outing club at my school and I am hoping to learn more from that. I just find it so fascinating how we think and feel when we are out in nature. It makes me want to know more about the mind and how we are affected when we are out in nature. I hope to apply what I have learned about myself from hiking to the challenges to come.

What do you guys think of it? Any grammar issues or revisions?
reidabook 6 / 19  
Summer before senior year I started getting into hiking. Ever since that first time hiking (you say hiking too much) I have had a passion for it. Being able to go out and explore and be with nature is an amazing experience if you know how to appreciate things for what they are. It truly is something that everyone should experience at least once. It has taught me to be my own person and stand up for what I believe (Which would be what? . I have now joined the new outing club at my school and I am hoping to learn more from that. (way doesn't sound right, use different wording, and what are you wanting to learn more about, be specific) I just find it so fascinating how we think and feel when we are out in nature (Do NOT use we! . It makes me want to know more about the mind (try to say this a bit more eloquently) and how we are affected when we are out in nature. I hope to apply what I have learned about myself from hiking to the challenges to come.
OP ShamefulAunt 1 / 2  
New version

Summer before senior year I started getting into hiking. Ever since the first time, I have had a passion for it. Being able to go out and explore and be with nature is an amazing experience if you know how to appreciate things for what they are. It truly is something that everyone should do at least once. It has taught me to be happy with what I have and to never give up. I have now joined the outing club at my school and I hope to learn how the mind is affected with multiple people on a hike. I just find it so fascinating how individuals think and feel when they are out in nature. It makes me wonder about the mind and how it is affected when out in the wild. I will apply what I have learned about myself from hiking to the challenges to come.

thank you for the help.

Home / Undergraduate / Hiking and how it has effected me - Common App Short Answer