Honesty is what matters to me the most. Stanford University supplementary essay

kaurishmeet 1 / -  
What matters to you, and why? (100 to 250 words) Stanford University supplementary essay help as my is within 2 days...

According to me giving back to the society in which we live is what matters to me the most. The act of charity is very important for me. Since childhood I have actively taken part in the charitable activities organized by my school and the NGOs in the vicinity. I am a follower of Sikhism and my religion encourages me to shoulder the responsibility of helping those in need. I offer my voluntary services frequently at our holy place of worship and assist in making food as well as cleaning the premises.

I am a compassionate person at heart and I love to feed the stray animals. I have also tutored the poor children in my locality. Engaging in these activities has given me a sense of immense gratification and imbued me with inexplicable happiness from within. Whatever I have learned from my experiences, I wish to share with others and inspire them to become responsible global citizens like me. I aspire to make a career in the field of Computer Science so as to create something novel by which the whole society would be benefitted.

or

Honesty is what matters to me the most. I believe that if all of us do our jobs with utmost honesty and dedication, a lot of problems such as corruption can be eradicated completely. If we are honest in our relationships, we can make some lifelong friends and acquaintances and have a meaningful bond with them. Being honest is what gives strength of a person's character and make him or her worthy of respect. Honesty is a trait in humans that can help in making this world a better place for everyone. I fulfil every task that is given to me with absolute honesty and sincerity and this is what I expect from others too. In the future as well, I want to work honestly-be it in my collegiate life of professional life. I will also strive to inspire all those around me to be honest and sincere in whatever they do and experience the ultimate gratification of being good and doing good.

In this i was thinking to personify some object like a bag or closet and then explain that how dreams and my experiences matter to me.We can personify some object like a bag or a closet that matters to me which contains my memories, experiences, dreams,aspiration,my thoughts,etc.I want to become someone out of crowd and not remain unidentifid,etc.Then we can mention about my feeling of being good human being and using al my experiences and skills to help the society.This is what makes a person not part of crowd and then the points mentioned in the essay.

Please someone edit or add some examples if possible and please tell which is good...
megan998555 2 / 5 3  
In my opinion, the response that best answers the question is the second on with honesty. The first response sounds a little too much like a resume or apart of your application that colleges might have already learned about you. However, in order to improve the second response, I would provide an example/anecdote of when you showcased honesty and tie that in to how important that is to you. Overall, great essay :D and good luck!
Ishmeet, for starters, you do not start off or mention in any essay that the opinions or ideas you will be sharing are "According to me." That is not professional nor proper. Instead, you can use the term, "In my opinion..." or "I believe that,,," or "My belief..." Those are the terms that are better used within a formal essay.

Now, with only 100 - 250 words available to you, choose only one topic to develop. Either discuss honesty , compassion or charity, whichever you truly, personally, and morally value the most. Then build your response around that idea. Keep in mind that discussing only one subject thoroughly will present a much better image of you to the reviewer than simplified discussions of three character traits. In fact, you need to offer a more personal connection through your own actions or beliefs, of whatever you value the most. These 3 virtues that you dictated in the essay seem to carry more of your opinion on the matter instead of a personal reason for your choice.

Personally, I believe that you should develop the idea of "honesty" as what you value the most in life. Honesty is something that schools look for in their students. Your discussion regarding the importance of honesty can actually be more personalized if you can revise the content of the paragraph to relate to you on a deeper level. It does not have to be a simple intellectual understanding of the term as you have now. Show and instance of honesty in your life that will explain its value to you and why it is something that matters the most to you as a person.

Home / Undergraduate / Honesty is what matters to me the most. Stanford University supplementary essay