ideas for boston university essay- who am i?

acat6332 4 / 12  
ok so this are some ideas to start the essay, i still have a lot to do but i just wanted to ask you guys abotu what you think :)

Who am I? The three words that every individual on Earth is trying to figure out. It can be asked in any language, in any format, and the three words will still mean the same. A human beings' quest it would be to turn the words around; to be able to say I am who... or I am..., the adjectives next to the three are mostly found in those tiny moments when we decide to look at ourselves from inside out; when we don't recognize the person we were before.

In our hectic lives we are usually too worried about a goal or a task we have to achieve. Our life becomes a checklist. For mothers; groceries, take the kids to school, pick up the kids from school, prepare lunch. For students; study, study, study, and eat. We seem to be doing "important" yet horrible duties that we hate and self torturing ourselves for no reason, can we call it modern slavery? I think so.

The moment when I realized the numbness of life without meaning, of the constant quest for happiness when it was around you, when it could be seen if we chose to, when I decided how simple it life could be was the moment that I decided that what I wanted to achieve in life was happiness.
Wow, this is coming out great, I had to read it twice because you made some great points. It IS like modern slavery, as we're much too busy to take time to reflect on who we are on the inside, much less what our true purpose in life is, and ultimately that should be what we're passionate about.

A human beings' quest should be to turn the...

We seem to be doing "important" yet horrible duties that we hate and self torturing ourselves for no reason. Can we call it modern slavery? I think so.

The moment when I realized the numbness of life without meaning, of the constant quest for happiness when it was all around me , when it could be seen if I chose to see it , when I decided how simple it life could be was the moment that I decided that what I wanted to achieve in life was happiness.

I look forward to reading the completed essay!
OP acat6332 4 / 12  
thank you susan! this really encouraged me to make an amazing essay :)
please when i update it tell me what you think, i would really love to have your help, especially with grammar since i kinda suck :)

thanksss

Home / Undergraduate / ideas for boston university essay- who am i?