IMAGE OF MY TRIBE; Difference in community; What you learned from that experience?

AryanK 5 / 20 3  
Prompt:Describe a situation in which you have made a difference in your school or community and what you learned from that experience?

I belong to a tribal area of Pakistan and as a result I had been struggling to dispel the traditional tribal man image of being aggressive and rude. In my O Levels I decided to dispel this image of tribal people as there are some progressive and compassionate tribal people and they deserve to be appreciated. I wanted to be one of those and therefore, I joined several organizations that worked for promotion of education in the region like CRSD, Adult literacy center. I worked as an assistant teacher. I also volunteered with Natural Disaster management during catastrophic floods in 2010. I aim to change the barbaric image of my people.

Please help...word limit is 110 words
I represent a tribal community in Pakistan which had traditionally been regarded as aggressive and rude. During my Ordinary Level studies, I strongly felt the need for changing this perception for the betterment of my community. I began this struggle with myself first. I became a more compassionate and progressive person to earn the respect and appreciation of others despite of my tribal roots. Then I joined several organizations that worked for promoting education in the regions like CRSD, Adult literacy center and worked as an assistant teacher. I also volunteered with Natural Disaster management during catastrophic floods in 2010. I'm happy that I have been able to change the image of my people to at least some extent.

Home / Undergraduate / IMAGE OF MY TRIBE; Difference in community; What you learned from that experience?