Introduction - ASP 100-GRND: Skills for Success

tau 4 / 10  
Module 1, Assignment 1: Introduction

ASP 100-GRND: Skills for Success

Instructor: Ken Rasti

Date: June 29, 2012

Taulelei Seuvaai

Greetings and Talofa Lava, my name is Taulelei Seuvaai. I was born and raised in American Samoa. I am now residing in Kalihi. I graduated from high school in the year two thousand and five then I graduated from American Samoa Community College in two thousand and nine. I was working as a teacher from August two thousand ten all the way to July two thousand eleven. Being a teacher wasn't for me, so therefore I have to go back to school to pursue what I really want to become. So here I am a freshman in Argosy University.

Education is everything to me. I am not ashamed to say this but I was the first college graduate from my own family. I was a good example for my younger brothers. I showed my siblings that education doesn't come to you easily. You have to go through a lot just to get to the first step of education. I believe that one door of education closed for one to be opened. I know that graduating from college with my associate degrees means a lot to my parents. For I not only put pride on them but also I have come to prove a point "that everything is possible in life". I want to show my parents that I can do more and that is going for my bachelors.

I love to learn new things every day. I love to meet new people every day. I love to try new things every day. I am always grateful for who I am. For God not only granted my parent a baby girl but also an educator.

* I need help for editing. Thanks!!!!
ah_zafari [Contributor] 40 / 672 148  
Hi,
The introduction is good, but there are two points that I'd like to mention them : 1) do not write the years in words. When you write 2005, for instance, it will be easier for a reader to read it as compared to "two thousands and five". 2) Try to write about your professional experience in more detail and the things that you could learn from that experience. Talk more about your passion for studying. Why do you like to study and what thing encouraged you to continue the study in a university after working for several years (Elaborate this part. What you stated is too short)?

Regards
Ahmad

Home / Undergraduate / Introduction - ASP 100-GRND: Skills for Success