Home / Undergraduate   % width   Posts: 3

Leadership and problem-solving skills - choosing your program and Waterloo

Logi 1 / -  

University of Waterloo application

Please tell us about your educational goals, your interest in your chosen program(s), and your reasons for applying to the University of Waterloo. If you have applied to more than one program please discuss your interest in each program. (900 character limit)

The ARBUS and HBA programs both highly appeal to me as I wish to exhibit my leadership and problem-solving skills. I aspire to pursue a career as a chief HR officer, in which I can oversee strategic plans and training of a company; both fields will allow me to display my passion for leadership. The ARBUS program offers 29 different majors to choose from plus an additional business course that will allow me to study something I am passionate about and develop skills employers look for. The HBA program offers flexibility and variety that will help me choose a career path I want by having no set outcome based on the skills I learn. An Arts degree can grant access to many careers such as business, theatre, or education. Considering the immense co-op and internship opportunities and dynamic business/art systems, I am confident in my choice in Waterloo.

Holt  Educational Consultant - / 15282  
I wish to exhibit

Based on the succeeding statements, you have chosen to use the incorrect word in this sentence. You do not wish to exhibit your leadership traits. Rather, you have a desire to build, enhance, or develop these traits. Change the reference work to make it more applicable to the rest of the presentation.

passion for leadership

Maybe say "desire to develop myself as a strong leader" instead? passion is one thing, but building upon that passion is another. So reflect the ambition to develop yourself as a leader instead.

The ARBUS program offers 29 different majors to choose from plus an additional business course

The reviewer already knows these information, so do not repeat it in the response. What you should do is refer to specific courses, in relation to how you see yourself developing your leadership skills as an undergraduate instead. Do not use general references because the reviewer will not consider those as a part of an actual response from you. Why? You are just repeating information you found out. You can skip this reference without affecting the rest of your statement.
LLIMITT - / 5  
Is the length of paper enough? I think you can add some more convincing info

Home / Undergraduate / Leadership and problem-solving skills - choosing your program and Waterloo
Need professional help with your assignments? Fill out one of these forms: