"learning globally and intercultural learning" - why tufts- poem style?

hbenton 4 / 7  
This is for my Tufts app, and because of the small word allowance I formatted it kind of "poem style" (not exactly a poem, but with rhetorical repetition)...thoughts? thank you!

Which aspects of Tufts' curriculum or undergraduate experience prompt your application? In short: ''Why Tufts?'' (50-100 words)

Why Tufts? Because Tufts offers an opportunity to apply learning globally.
Because it will help me find a way to marry practical skills to my love of intercultural learning.
Because in letting me, a humanities student who hopes to major in International Relations, take science courses for credit, I will be able to understand the engineering behind the water filters I want to provide as aid to third world countries.

Because Tufts has a farmers' market, and a culinary society, which sounds like a great place for feedback on my carrot ginger soup recipe.
Because I'll be free to be a science-pursing, study-abroading, foodie.
Because Tufts won't put me in a box.
abatado /  
Yeah... I think it is an interesting approach, HOWEVER, after reading it, I think you can actually REDUCE your word counts by making this into an actual short essay, like this:

Tufts offers an opportunity to apply learning globally. It will help me find a way to marry practical skills to my love of intercultural learning. In letting me, a humanities student who hopes to major in International Relations, take science courses for credit, I will be able to understand the engineering behind the water filters I want to provide as aid to third world countries. Tufts also has a farmers' market, and a culinary society, which sounds like a great place for feedback on my carrot ginger soup recipe. I'll be free to be a science-pursing, study-abroading, foodie. Tufts won't put me in a box.

I didnt add the transitions and details because one, I dont know why you want to apply there, and two, because I didnt want you OR me to get in trouble for plagiarism.

PLEASE READ MY ESSAY AS WELL... I really want my essay to shine when I apply to Johns Hopkins XD
aiswim 4 / 28  
Interesting. I had trouble confining my answer to the word limit as well.

First, get rid of the "Why Tufts?" in the beginning. It's a waste of space. They know what the prompt is.

I also really like the anaphora you used with "Because." Just know that, with poetry, the lines don't usually end with periods. They usually end with commas-- just a thought.

Also, the third line is a little wordy. Simplify your thoughts. But I loved how you wrote about wanting to understand the engineering behind your work; you just need to make it a little clearer.

Overall, really good work. It seems like you know a lot about what Tufts has to offer.

Please help me in return!!!!!
Best of luck.

Home / Undergraduate / "learning globally and intercultural learning" - why tufts- poem style?