Lehigh Essay - Undergraduate Education is the Foundation

bubbles 1 / 1  
As you researched and visited colleges and universities, why did you decide to apply to Lehigh? Please give specific reasons. What contributions will you make during your time at Lehigh?

Undergraduate education is the foundation on which one's career stands and therefore choosing the right school is a very important task. After researching many colleges and universities, I decided to apply to Lehigh because it suits my needs and preferences.

Lehigh is a highly ranked private university with a broad range of majors and rigorous programs for academically competitive students. I am greatly impressed by the small class size and the student to faculty ratio. Such a close knit and intimate setting would create an ideal learning atmosphere for me. Another factor that attracted me to Lehigh is the Accelerated Medical program in affiliation with Drexel Medical School. Since this program allows the students to pursue undergraduate degree in any field, I would be able to choose classes that best fit my goals and interests and also make me a well rounded candidate for medical school. Besides this program, the Roy Eckardt College Scholar program would allow me to explore more advanced curriculum and engage in exceptional extra curricular activities. The Lehigh Pool Scholars Premedical Education program that offers three years of biomedical research would also be a great advantage that I consider.

Lehigh has a diverse makeup of ethnicities, localities and interests presented in the student body. Since undergraduate students come from 46 states and 44 foreign countries, I would have the enticing opportunity to meet people from different parts of the world and from different cultures. This diversity that would be represented in all faces of student life from student organizations to dormitory life is one of the enriching things about Lehigh. Also the wide variety of clubs and the exciting social atmosphere with immense leadership opportunities is another gem on Lehigh's crown. Furthermore the ideal location between the two lively cities of Philadelphia and New York is another main factor that attracts me to Lehigh. I believe that Lehigh would be an ideal place to pursue my undergraduate studies.

Even though Lehigh offers such extraordinary facilities, a positive outcome arises only when the students make maximum utilization of these resources for the their own personal development. Colleges are learning centers and they provide opportunities for interaction and involvement. I would make use of all such opportunities and engage in academic as well as co curricular activities. I would be a responsible student and would always uphold the ideals and principles of Lehigh. I would do my part to keep up the name of the university and contribute everything possible to create an excellent campus community. I would make myself an honor and asset to the university.
OP bubbles 1 / 1  
Hello,
I need help with cutting this down to 1000 characters. I would appreciate if you could revise this essay. Thank you.
EF_Team5 - / 1,586  
Good afternoon.

This is a beautiful essay. If you don't count spaces, this takes you down to 995:

Undergraduate education is the foundation on which one's career stands; choosing the right school is a very important task. After much research, I chose to apply to Lehigh because it suits my needs.

I am impressed by the small class size and the student to faculty ratio; this intimate setting is an ideal learning atmosphere for me. The Accelerated Medical program caught my interest; since this program allows students to pursue undergraduate degrees in any field, I would be able to choose classes that best fit my goals and interests and also make me a well rounded candidate for medical school. The Roy Eckardt College Scholar program would allow me to explore more advanced curriculum and engage in exceptional extra curricular activities. The Lehigh Pool Scholars Premedical Education would also be a great advantage.

Lehigh offers extraordinary facilities but a positive outcome arises only when the students maximize these resources for their development. I would be a responsible student, would always uphold the ideals and principles of Lehigh, and do my part to keep up the name of the university and contribute everything possible to create an excellent campus community.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Gloria
Moderator, EssayForum.com

Home / Undergraduate / Lehigh Essay - Undergraduate Education is the Foundation