Education as a firm foundation of prosperous and functional person? IELTS

Dieu Anh 3 / 7 1  
Topic: The subjects and lesson contents are decided by then authorities such as the government. Some people argue that teachers should make the choice. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

In today's world, people attach far more special importance to education as it is thought to be firm foundation of prosperous and functional person. Consequently, form and content of subject for students getting access subjects at the school become controversial. Many people support government in controlling it but several adversaries think it should be decided by teachers form those schools. In my opinion, subjects should be follow some rules from the authority with standards while teachers ought to make a decision about lesson what and how they need to do for their students so I disagree with this statement.

Almost knowledge at the school is immutable so I think every subject has to be put in a stable structure. As a result, the government has a departure to monitor and write some standards to follow in individual ones. Take history - an unchangeable subject about content as an example, it is necessary to know what and how people should teach as there are enormous historic events that they do not where they ought to start. However, it does not mean that the authority need write and print books for teacher and student since it is unreal if the whole country uses the same types of book whilst there are many differences in living conditions.

In many foreign countries, the teacher can choose material to teach from a variety of books and they do not have to follow any particular books. This is fit for students' ability and helps them to be more active in teaching. According to this way, they achieve high effective in lessons and students need to select information from those books, hence they know exactly what they are learning. In addition, it saves a huge amount of money for the government not to edit and print books for the schools.

To conclude, I am of the opinion that the authority should not interfere deeply in the teaching program. It is better if teachers and students are able to work according to the reality and their capacity.
Michele9 5 / 12 3  
subjects should be follow some rules from the authority with standards

I think you'd better say:

subjects should follow rules and standards the authority releases

Almost knowledge at the school is almost immutable

there are enormous historic events that they do not know where they ought to start.

it does not mean that the authority needs to write and print books

types of books

the teacher can choose material to teach from a variety of books and they do not have to follow any particular books
you started this sentence with the third person singular
OP Dieu Anh 3 / 7 1  
Thank you so much for you feedback.

Home / Writing Feedback / Education as a firm foundation of prosperous and functional person? IELTS