I want my life to be ambitious; UChicago - learning, community, and future?

DandyDots 1 / -  
Prompt: How does the University of Chicago, as you know it now, satisfy your desire for a particular kind of learning, community, and future? Please address with some specificity your own wishes and how they relate to UChicago.

I want my life to be ambitious. Oscar Wilde said "Ambition is the germ from which all growth of nobleness proceeds." Whether it's with the things I learn or the communities I'm a part of, I want my life to be ambitious.

In my future, I want to be a person who can make a difference in the world around me-not just a small ripple, though. In becoming a biochemist or even a biophysicist, I would be able to learn about life itself and use that knowledge to create that "more than a small ripple". I would be able to make long term difference with the research I would be able to be a part of after being together with UChicago. This university, after all, is incredibly well resourced especially with the amazing on-campus research institute, and it would give me the opportunity to learn things completely on another level . The community of this college is amazingly diverse (especially compared to where I come from) and to get to a better life, you have to know about every different type of person and make connections with them to grow your thinking. There, I could learn about others not only through relations but also through learning a new language, like German, that would benefit me through my career in this science field. With that new language in my arsenal I could become a part of foreign based companies and projects.

In my quest to change the world, the University of Chicago would give me a position in the world that would otherwise be unattainable through other options. That would be wonderful in every sense of the world.

This is only a first draft, but I would appreciate any help that you can give!
admission2012 - / 477 90  
Hello,

This essay is way to generic. You do not mention a single concrete aspect of UChicago and how that connects to your future studies. Anyone can say that any school is amazing with great research opportunities. Show that you have really research the school by talking about specifics and how you plan to utilize those specific resources unique to Chicago. -Admissions Advice Online

Hope this helps

Home / Undergraduate / I want my life to be ambitious; UChicago - learning, community, and future?