Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

'life changing words: moving day' - Flagler College Admission Essay

madd_short 1 / -  
hi, i am looking at going to flagler college, and i practiced writing the essay, but i feel like i go off topic a lot. any help?

topic: The College requires an essay, and considers it a vital component in the selection of students. Tell us something about your past experiences, present and future goals and how Flagler College fits into these goals. Be sure to stay on topic and write a carefully considered, grammatically correct essay with a minimum of 250 words.

My past and present have shaped me into the person I am today and the person I strive to be in the future. In my past, I often had to face two life changing words; moving day. My dad is in the military, so moving to different around a lot is expected. After the first couple times of moving, I got used to it. I even started to welcome it with open arms.I was very young when my moving days were at it's peak, which I find as a good thing. It taught me to open myself up to new people and get to know them. I started to easily make friends before it was time to pack up and do it all over again. I believe this has shaped me in to the person I am today. I am not afraid of talking to new people, so I work well with strangers and in new environments. Photography has also shaped my life and taught me to look at the world in a new way. I picked up a camera when I was in the eighth grade, and ever since then the way i see things is different. I have learned to notice the little things in life, such as an insect or a rusty nail on the side of the road. I find beauty in things that most people would not. This is how I learned to appreciate everything. In my future, I would love to become an art teacher. Art has always been my passion and I think that teaching children how to express their creativity is what I am meant to do. I love showing kids how to paint something or make a craft. Seeing their faces when they look at their masterpieces makes me so happy. I love how they run to their parents to show off their new work of art to put on the fridge for all house guests to see. I think Flagler is a very good school for me because of all the inspiration it holds. From the history, to the scenery, and high school student would love to say they got accepted to Flagler College. My past and present are perfect examples of why Flagler is the school for me, and I know that Flagler can shape my future into the one I am dreaming of.

Home / Undergraduate / 'life changing words: moving day' - Flagler College Admission Essay