Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

A major in pharmaceutical science, Purdue Education Personal Statement

andrewtyler14 1 / -  
i was wondering if you guys could read my essay and tell me what you think?

Describe how your Purdue education would support the attainment of your personal and/or professional goals.

An education from Purdue would support the attainment of my personal and professional goals. Receiving a degree from Purdue University would complete my most important goal in life, becoming a pharmacist. An education from Purdue would equip me with the skills I need to become a successful pharmacist that contributes to our society as well as aids in medical care of many patients in need. It would also provide me with many opportunities for a job as a pharmacist. Purdue University offers an education that is second to none and is respected by all.

I began my search for a profession when I was in the eighth grade; that was when I decided I wanted to help people. I made this decision because of my increasing interest in science, math, and people. I continued my research on very broad terms until I received a pamphlet from my guidance counselor a year later in high school; this pamphlet was entitled "Hoosier Top Fifty." It had the top fifty predicted jobs for 2011 in Indiana. That was when I honed my research down to a more reasonable level. I started doing research about the jobs on the list in the medical field.

My dream to become a pharmacist started when I was in the ninth grade. I continued to research the profession to assure myself of my decision. As the next few years went by, I prepared myself for the attainment of my personal goals by taking the classes my high school offered in the science and health fields. The education Purdue can offer me will not only complete my personal goals but would also prepare me for the rest of my life. Receiving a degree from Purdue does not just end with me becoming a pharmacist, it would open so many doors and opportunities for me and the family I plan to have in the future. Purdue will help me mature into a much smarter young adult with a future that is virtually limitless.

My high school offers a program called PCI, Professional Career Internship. It is a program in which a senior student may become an intern at a job site pertaining to their career path. The program only accepts twenty students; the students have to show that they have been taking classes directed towards their intended career. I applied for the program at the end of my junior year; my intended career was a pharmacist so I was hoping to become an intern in a pharmacy. In the fall of my senior year, I found out I had been accepted into the PCI program and my job site was in the pharmacy at the St. Vincent Hospital in my hometown. After working in the pharmacy for quite sometime now it has solidified my decision to become a pharmacist.

The next step I took was finding a college that not only offered a major in pharmaceutical science but also a college I thought would suit me well. That was when I found Purdue University. I became interested in Purdue because of its rural location, as well as the education it could offer me. Because Purdue and Butler are the only colleges in the state of Indiana offering a pharmaceutical program, I chose Purdue not only because it is a public school but because, after hours of research, I feel Purdue's pharmacy program is superior.

Becoming a pharmacist is my main professional goal at this point. Purdue can help me achieve this goal because of the education it can offer me. Receiving a degree from Purdue University would be quite an accomplishment, but would also open many doors for me. After all the hard work and time put into receiving a degree I would then hope to start achieving my personal goals. Purdue can help with attaining my personal goals, and set the foundation for my future. The education I can receive from Purdue would allow me to have an occupation that would support me and my family for the rest of my life.

I look forward to joining Purdue University and contributing my personality on campus and my diligent work effort in the classroom. Purdue is a wonderful school and I would be very grateful to be a part of the 2011 freshman class. I hope to achieve my top goals in life through Purdue University and their well respected degree in pharmacy.

Home / Undergraduate / A major in pharmaceutical science, Purdue Education Personal Statement