massachusetts college of pharmacy supplement essay.

NEEDHELP99 3 / 11  
Hi.. This is my last essay and, I just wanted to make sure if it was applicable to MCPHS..
Essay Question is
"Please submit a brief 250-word essay discussing your reasons for choosing the specific health care career you wish to pursue and why you are applying to MCPHS."

(This essay was not the best one i have written, but It was the best I could do.)
Please tell me if this is even applicable and if you see any errors please inform me.
Thank you very much for you time!

ESSAY..

Throughout my life, I always felt inclined to help others. However, as a kid, I experienced a feeling of uselessness. As a child, the only memories of my grandfather were in a hospital hooked up to various types of machines that were keeping him alive. He suffered from liver cancer and dying of a slow and painful death. It killed me that the only thing I could do for him was hold his hands and hope for the best. I wanted to help him, but nothing could him back to his original health. Soon after he was diagnosed with cancer, he passed away on a Monday morning precisely at 8:45 AM. When my grandfather passed away, I remember my whole family crying and morning for days. After this traumatic experience in my life, I told myself that no one should ever experience what my grandfather has gone through and the trauma that my family went through.

As a future pharmacist, I would dedicate my life to serving others for the hope of a better more healthy future. There are still a wide variety of illnesses that the 21st century drug cannot cure, but in the future I want to donate my time and my knowledge to the medical field to cure these illnesses. To achieve my goals, I will take advantage of the six year Doctor of Pharm. program that the Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Science provide for the future generation of Pharmacists. With the education from MCPHS, I will provide ill people with hope of healing so they can always greet their family members with a smile on their faces. (273 words)

Again, thank you so much for your help and most importantly your time.
GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE APPLYING TO COLLEGES!!!
DanielVino 1 / 3  
I wanted to help him, but nothing could bring him back to his original health.

As a future pharmacist, I would dedicate my life to serving others for the hope of a healthier future

I remember my whole family crying and morning for days. ??
that doesn't make sense, i don't know what you meant to say.

I think its a good essay that answers the question and is direct and simple.

I need help on my essay btw...
I remember my whole family crying and mourning for days.

As a future pharmacist, I look forward to dedicating my life to serving others for the hope of a better, more healthier future.

This sentence above iis a little too general. It is a sentence that answers their question about why you chose your major, so it should be specific. Other kinds of medicine can help to provide a better, healthier future, too, so why pharmacy? Come up with a specific reason, and this might just be complete!

:-)

Home / Undergraduate / massachusetts college of pharmacy supplement essay.