I misjudged the course/"Hyperactive" ; Stanford Supp/ intellectual vitality/ roomma

mabuk50 1 / -  
Hi, please till me your opinion for my Stanford supplements essays.

1.Stanford students possess an intellectual vitality. Reflect on an idea or experience that has been important to your intellectual development.

It was June 2010, during my final exams period, that I received an early morning text message informing me that I'd been accepted in an exclusive summer enrichment program in one of the top universities in Saudi Arabia-Prince Sultan University's Advanced Science and Technology Program.

The program, we quickly learned, was about more than just "advanced science and technology"; it was very focused on self-development. We attended seminars on topics such as "Six Thinking Hats", "The Practical Brain Map," and "Techniques of Civil Dialogue". On second day, we were asked to choose three scientific disciplines based on preference, and then a draw determined which one we joined. "Just my luck," I thought, when I learned that I had been given my third choice. It was a course called "Radio Technology" - I was sure that I was in for a boring month.

The course mainly covered the physical properties of waves, the basic structure of electronic circuits, the development of receiving and broadcasting, and the advancement of radio communication methods throughout history. From the very first class, I knew that I had misjudged the course. It was exciting, entertaining, and even inspiring. We worked on many interesting experiments, but the one I was most proud of was using basic equipment to build a broadcasting device, which we used to broadcast the national anthem.

That summer ignited a passion in me for electronics and the way they shape our lives. It was absolutely empowering to know that I could take very basic material, and using my knowledge, create something useful for the world. That feeling of empowerment has made my thirst for knowledge - especially towards control engineering - absolutely infinite.

2.Virtually all of Stanford's undergraduates live on campus. Write a note to your future roommate that reveals something about you or that will help your roommate - and us - know you better.

Dear roommate,
Being a "Hyperactive" as my childhood doctor said, it appeared when I recently went Skydiving 13. I am sure that I am going to check more activities out of the list of my high adrenaline sport activities during college life. It would be wonderful if we did them together. Believe me, it is a great way to get out of any boring routine.

Do you like cooking? Because I have learned how to cook countless veggie recipes during last year in California. I could use a help your opinion to develop my cooking skills. Therefore, if you like free food and totally want to forget cholesterol issues, I will be waiting in the dorms kitchen.

I believe it is ironic to be described as "hygienic" and live with two roommates the first is a heavy smoker, addicted gamer and a total slob. While the other is careless booklover who is an antisocial and has a miscommunication skills. They both create a huge mess and I always clean after them. I guess it is just my nature to be clean, to feel just like home. I always lineup my coins, dust clean every day, use hand sanitizer and even fur brush my clothes from hair. Be sure to not worry about making your bed in the morning, because if you didn't do it, I will.

In addition, never hastate reading any of the spiritual or motivational poster and sticky notes you would find on my disk. Also, I have a weekly ritual of writing Arabic poetry, The only time I become isolated from the world is when I express my inner feelings through poetry. As this ritual is sacred to me, I hope that you don't mind it.

Furthermore, some days you might notice that I disappeared in the midnight and my noisy alarm couldn't wake me up. Could you be kind and wake me up, so that I don't miss any classes. I would have spent that night talking to my fiancĂŠe back in Saudi Arabia. I wish you the best finding your perfect match.

My name may be very common in all over the world. However, I bet you finding anyone like me anywhere in it. Hopefully, only in Stanford University.

3. I am still struggling in writing this down. I hope that you would give me feedback on these and I will post this one on a different comment.

Thank you very much
hannahdowdy 4 / 14 4  
Try to come up with an attention grabber, something that intrests the reader. It is an interesting program but it doesnt seem interessting on paper. Put more of your voice into it.

Home / Undergraduate / I misjudged the course/"Hyperactive" ; Stanford Supp/ intellectual vitality/ roomma