News was scrolling down the computer screen, announcing the situation of economy crisis in Britain

Ada1206 1 / 1  
Describe the world you come from - for example, your family, community or school - and tell us how your world has shaped your dreams and aspirations.

News was scrolling down the computer screen, announcing the situation of economy crisis in Britain. Intense and fraught atmosphere filled up the meeting room. "China is going to send a navy to the sea area of Hawaii for unknown purpose." The message delivered by a reporter in Washington Post added to the pressure. Although air-conditioner was working perfectly, sweat appeared on U.S. President's face. Everyone had tough tasks to finish. The Secretary of Defense was trying to set up a military exercise with Japan in order to alarm China. I had to talk with Secretary of Commercial about a cooperation project on submarine oil pipeline to help Britain tide over the crisis.

This was no fantasy to me, but the real situation of US Cabinet section at our Model United Nations Club.
The motivation for me to set up Model United Nations Club at my high school was to provide a place for students interested in politics and international situation to discuss freely. Since little, my father read news as bed time stories for me. After entering elementary school, my parents talked about social hotspots and even had debates on world issues in front of me. Gradually, my enthusiasm for news formed and I created my news world with hundreds of piles of newspaper at the corner of the tea table, where I could immerge myself to find any story that interests me. However, reading became not enough for me. Contending about different views and even finding an imaginary solution to certain international problems with friends brought me a sense of excitement. Fortunately, I met some congenital friends who shared same interests with me.

The Syria chemical weapon, North Korea's experiments on nuclei weapon, the Al Qaeda in Mideast, the tyrant Muhammed Hosni Mubarak in Egypt: Various topics arose in our round-table discussion. Sparks flew. Everyone expressed own opinion fully. We even made a list containing the pros and cons about each topic and different solutions to every issue. We were the embryo group of Model United Nations Club which was later established with the support of our school, a stage for news lovers to talk about what was happening in the world and possible solutions to tough problems.

The tea table corner was whole world to me when I was a child. My enthusiasm and passion for news were originated in this place. Then I made a step further to establish the Model United Nations. Stage by stage, I have gained faith to chase my dreams and stick on what I am obsessed with.
Ada, while your essay is quite interesting to read, it does not respond to the prompt in the correct manner. The prompt is asking you to describe the world you come from and how it shaped your dreams and aspirations. Talking about the Model U.N. club that you founded does not really answer that prompt because you discussed world politics in general. That is not the world that you come from. You should be talking about something that better shows how your character traits were developed and why. It would have been better for your essay if you discussed the stories that your parents told you about. These are the stories that you grew up on and helped to shape your outlook in life and the person that you have become. That is the story that is sure to answer the essay prompt in a big way as well.

Home / Undergraduate / News was scrolling down the computer screen, announcing the situation of economy crisis in Britain