NURSING is an exciting and dynamic field ; PS Northeastern U/Direct Entry MSN Program

alexs8 1 / -  
So I've been working on several personal statements that deal with a similar topic, but this particular topic seems to encompass all the others the best. The essay should be no longer than about 500 words. I would really like some feedback to see if there is anything I need to improve.

Your personal goal statement should briefly describe how you view the future of the field, what your goals are to be part of that future, and what brought you to pursue an advanced education degree in your chosen field. You may include any other information that you feel might be useful.

The nursing field is an exciting and dynamic field that is rapidly developing into the most important aspect of healthcare. There are now more opportunities than ever for nurses to step up and take leadership roles that in previous years were reserved for doctors and hospital administrators. The demand for trained nurses has never been higher and there are plenty of opportunities for leaders to emerge from this new generation of highly sought after healthcare professionals. Through ought my educational career I admired nurses and their dedication to patient care. In college I decided to study psychology so I could help those suffering from mental illness. I was looking for a way to apply my knowledge of mental illness in a way that would best serve the community. My mother, who has been a nurse for twenty-six years, suggested I consider the nursing field to further my goals. After talking to her and several other friends in the nursing profession, I was convinced that this is the path that would allow me to serve the greatest good to the community. I started off working as a CNA in a homecare service called A Helping Hand in my second year of college. It was there that my psychology background helped me care for clients that where afflicted with disorders such as Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia as well as clients that had had strokes and other disabling traumatic events that had occurred in their lives. With this experience, one year later I was able to get a job as a Program Specialist at my first hospital; Fairfax Behavioral Health. In this environment I was able to work with patients that suffered from all types of psychiatric disorders such as, schizophrenia, bi-polar, depression, borderline personality, anxiety, PTSD, and substance abuse disorders. I was able to work with a variety of patients ranging from younger teens to elderly adults and was able to put my extensive knowledge of psychiatric disorders from my education to good use. This proved to be a huge advantage when working in a fast paced healthcare setting where I was able to work in tandem with nurses, nurse practitioners, doctors, and clinical therapists. However, I know I can do more to fulfill my goals in healthcare which is why I want to pursue a MSN at Northeastern University. The University's Direct Entry program would allow me to become a nurse practitioner much faster since I already have the necessary education, experience in the field and have already received a Bachelor's Degree. The programs psychiatric Mental Health Adult with Child/Adolescent/Family Specialization option would complement my years of experience in the psychiatric field and would allow me to be a leader in a field that I am very passionate about. Northeastern is a nationally renowned University with an excellent nursing program that will allow me to receive the best education and training that will help me achieve my goals. With the skills I learn here, I can be confident that I can succeed in providing the best patient care and enjoy a rewarding profession that provides vital services to those in need.
huntsman - / 7  
You could've write - "I began off filling in as a CNA in a homecare administration called A Helping Hand in my second year of school. It was there that my brain science foundation helped me look after customers that where burdened with scatters, for example Alzheimer's sickness and different manifestations of dementia and in addition customers that had strokes and other incapacitating traumatic occasions that had happened in their lives. With this experience, one year later I was fit to secure employment as a Program Specialist at my first healing facility; Fairfax Behavioral Health. In this environment I was ready to work with patients that experienced different sorts of psychiatric disarranges, for example, schizophrenia, bi-polar, wretchedness, fringe temperament, restlessness, PTSD, and substance ill-use jumble"
The nursing field is an exciting and dynamic field that is rapidly developing into the most important aspect of healthcare.

The nursing field is an exciting and dynamic field that is rapidly developing and establishing its identity as a paramedical stream that works hand in hand with other sectors in healthcare industry. .

There are now more opportunities than ever for nurses to step up and take leadership roles that in previous years were reserved for doctors and hospital administrators.

.... good point :)
[quote=alexs8]Through oughtThroughout my educational career I admired nurses and their dedication to patientcare for others . quote]

Home / Undergraduate / NURSING is an exciting and dynamic field ; PS Northeastern U/Direct Entry MSN Program