NYU Supplement- Academic, Global University, Person

tspchoo 2 / 1  
Do my answers sufficiently answer the questions? Are my answers clear?

1) Please tell us what led you to select both your anticipated academic area(s) of study and the NYU school / college / program or the Abu Dhabi campus. What interests you most about your intended discipline? Mention any extracurricular or non-school-related activities or experiences that demonstrate your interest.

Growing up in the age when the world's most innovative entrepreneurs have risen, I've become captivated towards the business world and infinite opportunities it creates. Progressively, my interest has developed throughout my involvement in various business competitions across the world and leadership roles as CEO and President of four student-run companies. As business surrounds our everyday life, I believe NYU Stern will provide me the tools and networks needed to make my impact on society.

2) NYU is 'In and of the City' and 'In and of the World.' What does the concept of a global network university mean to you? How do you think studying in New York City would change you as a person and equip you to build cross-cultural relationships at NYU and beyond?

Discover new cultures. Discover new perspectives. A global university encompasses the sole theme of discovery. It urges students to search among unfamiliar territory and embrace diversity. Studying in the metropolitan area of New York City would provide me with collaborations between various ethnicities, ultimately shaping me to approach everyday issues in a more holistic perspective. It would equip me with a new understanding and appreciation for other cultures, strengthening my global networks.

3) If you had the opportunity to bring any person -- past or present, fictional or nonfictional -- to a place that is special to you (your hometown or country, a favorite location, etc), who would you bring and why? Tell us what you would share with that person.

Even today, William Shakespeare continues to inspire the souls of many and uplift the meaning to truly love. More than anything, I would bring him to the place where his work continues to live on, the Theater District of New York City. This area would provide him the experience to witness the success of his life's work and extent his plays have influenced romance in modern-day theater. Presenting this mere taste of his achievement, would truly show him how far his legacy has come.
yep - / 2  
Excellent work, Tanya!
amjeezy 5 / 18  
now i may understand your severe interest in william shakespeare but you are also allowed to use less cliched people look at this: remember these are written by the students in NYU, nyulocal.com/on-campus/2010/12/06/the-right-answers-to-nyus-common-app-supplement/
kevin1393 2 / 3  
for the first question your answer is extremely vague, try pulling some details or something special from NYU Stern's website.

Home / Undergraduate / NYU Supplement- Academic, Global University, Person