NYU Supplement - Major Response

rrolle 3 / 8  
Regardless of whether or not you have an intended major or concentration, please elaborate on an academic area of interest and how you wish to explore it at NYU's campuses in New York or Abu Dhabi or at one of our global academic centers around the world. Please share any activities or experiences you have had that have cultivated your intellectual interests leading you to choose to study at the NYU campus of your choice. 1500 characters

Theodore Roosevelt said, "The most important single ingredient in the formula of success is knowing how to get along with people." Thus I made getting along with everyone one of my goals in life. People have always intrigued me. I don't only want to learn about them, I want to learn from them.

My family's love for traveling sparked my interest in people. I've been to many places from Alaska to the Panama Canal to London. In all of these trips, I've met so many different people that have expanded my scope of thought. By being in the middle of so many unique cultures, I developed the ability to get along with everyone I've met.

Of course, experiencing friction with others is inevitable. I've only taken these experiences as rather challenges in finding common ground. It's my best and worst trait to never let a disagreement remain as such. I've always made sure I was able to make the other person more comfortable.

All of NYU's campuses reflect the multicultural cities their located in. All of the cities are places that I'd love to explore in order to further develop my communication skills. Effective communication is the key to connecting the world together. I want to make sure I can communicate with everyone I meet effectively and that others will be able to do the same. Through NYU Steinhardt, I know I'll be able to discover new opportunities through the Department of Media, Culture, and Communication's internships, networking, resources, and study abroad program.

I'm not sure if my response effectively answers the prompt. Any type of feedback is greatly appreciated.
hanakml 2 / 19  
I think you should include the intended major because I was confused as to what it was until the last couple sentences. Other than that, it's nicely written.

--

Could you take a look at my nyu supplement as well ?
OP rrolle 3 / 8  
Would it be better if I switch the first paragraph with the last one? The major is Media, Culture, and Communication.

Home / Undergraduate / NYU Supplement - Major Response