"outstanding abroad program" - Short answer to BU application.

samishobe 1 / -  
In five or six sentences, tell us how you first became interested in BU and what steps you have taken to learn more about us.

I first became interested in Boston University my junior year of high school. I started researching the university because of its reputation for outstanding abroad programs. I also adore the exciting city of Boston; there is always something to do there, including enriching internships. Another reason I became interested in Boston University is because of the schools reputation for an exceptional intellectual atmosphere. But one of the most appealing characterizes that interested me about Boston University, is its sheer size, which allows for outstanding diversity and a wide range of courses.
freezard7734 17 / 209  
I first became interested in Boston University my junior year of high school. I started researching the university because of its reputation for outstanding abroad programs. I also adore the exciting city of Boston; there is always something to do there, including enriching internships. Another reason I became interested in Boston University is because of the school's reputation for an exceptional intellectual atmosphere. But one of the most appealing characterizesqualities that interested me about Boston University, is its sheer size, which allows for outstanding diversity and a wide range of courses.

Hmmm... You have a lot of reasons for going to BU. I agree with every one of them ^^ (I went to BU for an internship. I loved how the campus was dispersed throughout the city.) However, I think you should stick to one and develop it. By sticking with one and elaborating on the steps you took to find out more about BU, your short answer will become much stronger and substantial.
I agree. The good thing to do is have a theme and focus a little on your plan for the future. The school you choose... it is something you choose based on your plan for the future. So, talk about the way the school can prepare you for your life's work. Maybe you are not sure what your career will be, but there are some things you are sure about, and that is important when choosing a school.

This is a little bit "generic." It has this small error, too:
Another reason I became interested in Boston University is because of the schools school's reputation for an exceptional intellectual atmosphere.

:-)

Home / Undergraduate / "outstanding abroad program" - Short answer to BU application.