"My passion for tennis, My Community" - communities you belong to

Anonymoussenior 17 / 133  
This if due today. I WILL EDIT YOUR ESSAY IN RETURN. Thanks.
Everyone belongs to many different communities and/or groups defined by (among other things) shared geography, religion, ethnicity, income, cuisine, interest, race, ideology, or intellectual heritage. Choose one of the communities to which you belong, and describe that community and your place within it. (Approximately 250 words)

The sound of pounding feet, ragged breathing, hammering hearts, and whistling balls remind me that I am home. Green clay and the distinctive sounds of an ongoing tennis match are my solace, providing me with an arena to vent my clouded thoughts. From the first time I picked up a racquet at nine years old, tennis has served as my outlet and second family. In the tennis community, I am a leader, an athlete, but most of all I am me.

Throughout the past few years, tennis has acted as a second parent to me; whenever I was going through a particularly rough situation, I would turn to my pack of balls and racquet for advice. Tennis hahas lead to my development of confidence and patience both on and off the court. The competitive aspects of tennis increased my drive to achieve my personal best, and ultimately, as I pushed myself to achieve more in the sport I began to also accomplish more in my daily and academic career. Today, before I begin a match, I try to embody the confidence I had as a child taking my first steps on a tennis court. While on the court, I feel unstoppable; as if no serve can get past me and that I can take on any obstacle. My most challenging matches have taught me to push past hardships and continue to participate in tennis, even at the risk of underachievement or failure. Moreover, my setbacks have shown me that not everything in life comes easily, and the harder I work to achieve success, the greater the victory of that success appears.

My passion for tennis has afforded me opportunities and work experience with the Atlanta Tennis Championships that I never would have received otherwise, but most importantly, tennis has assisted in shaping the person I am today. Although I am a member of a community larger than I could ever perceive, I will always find my niche within the tennis community.

Please help me cut down by about 70 words. Thanks. I will read your essay in return.

Home / Undergraduate / "My passion for tennis, My Community" - communities you belong to