Passive Listner & Active Participant; Why NYU-Poly? Why your major?Poly thinker?

MarwanKenawy 1 / -  
Hi! I am International Student applying for NYU-Poly, I would like some help with my supplement essays.

Why do you want to attend NYU-Poly?

There is a big difference between sitting on your hands and raising them.It is the difference between being a passive listener and an active participant.NYU-Poly is one of the preeminent universities in the US,with achievements that have garnered high ranking in a board range of fields.With the great privilege of enrolling in NYU-Poly,I will have a wide variety of opportunities; choosing from top-ranked majors,taught and challenged by World-renowned Professors.

Tell us why you selected your major or your area of interest.

Since technological developments have progressed in leaps and bounds, I used to see and follow the progression of brand new powerful engines, brilliant automobiles, airplanes and spacecrafts. With a brand new car developed every year with amazing new features, my passion has grown rapidly to build, in future, the most sophisticated engine for the most sophisticated vehicle, and import flywheel-powered automobiles into production. Thus, I selected Mechanical Engineering

How are you a 'PolyThinker'?

Since I was young,I had great hopeful aspirations of being an Engineer,that was clear through not only constructing Towers puzzle models,like any kid at my age,who would like to develop the ability of creativity and imagination,but also my scientific curiosity that drove me to make small vehicle from simple materials like rubber bands,old birthday gift toy-helicopter parts,and remote control.Although it was not that really successful trial,it increased my desire to learn more about engineering.

If you could spend one day in New York City with a famous inventor, who would you like it to be, where would you go, and why?

I would like to take Karl Benz to New York International Auto show. Karl Benz, German mechanical Engineer, who designed and built the world's first practical automobile powered by an internal-combustion engine. I would like him to see that his great invention, after hundreds of years has been extraordinarily developed and improved to suit today's life with better performance, stability, design, and luxury by talented engineers and genius inventors who followed his lead to make life better.

Your replied will be highly appreciated!!
rko029 4 / 9  
it is good essay, but:
1-Make Sure that questions and answers in your required assignments is required from the commitee,
other schools want not to seprate them with question just flow from paragrpah to paragraph?
2-be sure of font type,Stlye of writing of the required univeristy (Normally fonts be 12,With Arial Font)

Wish you Luck
With the great privilege of enrolling in NYU-Poly,I will have a wide variety of opportunities; choosing from top-ranked majors,taught and challenged by World-renowned Professors.

... Wish if you added just one or two more features of the uni to endorse your claim.... Anyway, the answer is impressively presented.

.... this is a smart response :)
I love the way you have answered those prompts. They are short answers, but you've done a great job within those limits. Very impressive and contain good substance.

Wish you good luck with your application!

Home / Undergraduate / Passive Listner & Active Participant; Why NYU-Poly? Why your major?Poly thinker?