Why Purdue? I enjoy nothing more than computer science - Supplemental #1

nvijai 1 / 2 1  
Hey everyone! I'm applying to Purdue this year, and here is what I have for my first supplemental:

How will opportunities at Purdue support your interests, both in and out of the classroom? (Respond in 100 words or fewer.)

computer science opportunities provided by Purdue

I enjoy nothing more than computer science, and at Purdue, I can finally explore the depths of my passion.

On my college visit to Purdue, I was highly impressed with the vibrancy and diversity that helps foster success. Activities such as the Association of Information Technology Professionals and ACM SIGGRAPH would allow me to diversify my interests. In addition, pursuing organizations such as MiniMake, the Purdue Science

Olympiad Club, and the ITaP Student Software Trainers would help me advance my leadership skills.

Through the computer science opportunities provided by Purdue, I can gain the appropriate skills to better my future.

Could you please let me know if there are any issues with grammar or content? Thank you so much! Also, I am at the 100 word limit.
laven92 1 / 1  
it is a good essay generally, but try to focus more on how this opportunity will help you advance your leadership skills and what skills will you gain to have better future
The response that you have given is what is called a cookie cutter response. Meaning, every other student will be citing the same reasons for their university choice. Which means, your response will not stand out when the reviewer reads it. There is nothing unique about the response nor memorable about the approach. For a more interesting take on the question, discuss how Purdue aligns with your academic goals instead. What interests you in computer science? What specific programs and courses does Purdue offer that will enhance your interest and take your skills a step further? Focus on the reason you want to study CS and why that can only be done at Purdue. Don't just cite the areas of interest, explain how that interest has a personal consideration on your part. For example, what were you looking for in a CS school? Why do you believe that Purdue responds to what you are looking for? These are additional guide questions that you can respond to which will then help you develop a response closer to what is expected for this particular prompt.

Home / Undergraduate / Why Purdue? I enjoy nothing more than computer science - Supplemental #1