Pushing myself - WHAT IS IMPORTANT TO YOU?

kngsleyw 1 / -  

UBC APPLICATION

WHAT IS IMPORTANT TO YOU? WHY? (MAXIMUM 1500 CHARACTERS)

One more useless thread title = ban

I have relied on motivation to push myself and complete tasks, but it hasn't always worked, as motivation can fade away. Over time I have realized that I need motivation and discipline to drive productivity and success. Many days, I woke up and did not feel like doing something, such as going to the gym to workout. As 2022 started, I was highly motivated to go to the gym and get bigger, as I was insecure about my weight, but I was inconsistent with how many days I put in because my motivation fluctuated daily or weekly. I soon learned I couldn't rely on motivation to be consistent and achieve a long-term goal; instead, I should apply self-discipline in my life. I discovered that the key to self-discipline was to have a positive and optimistic mindset. As I used optimism to view the gym, I enjoyed it as an opportunity rather than an obstacle that kept me consistent. Self-discipline taught me to focus on my goals and apply this habit to my everyday life to accomplish tasks. In the future, I will be able to use self-discipline to achieve challenging tasks that approach me and stay consistent toward my goals.
The prompt only asks for one important topic. Therefore you have to choose between motivation and self. discipline. I understand that you are using motivation as the introduction to self discipline. In the process though, you ended up confusing the screener who expects a statement build-up based on just one important factor.

The main factor should be the only focus of the statement, allowing for the use of realizations based on character trait, explanations, and experiences that led to your incorporating this aspect into your daily life or change / improvement of character.

It is not that this response is useless. If serves a purpose as a brain dump / outline or draft of discussion. From this point a choice must be made regarding the actual and final discussion topic. You do notneed to overstate the discussion. Just focus on a single and well developed response that will assist you in creating a notable impression on the screener.

Home / Undergraduate / Pushing myself - WHAT IS IMPORTANT TO YOU?